Denton, TX - July 19, 2018

I'm unexpectedly in Fort Worth for work this week, and I'm really excited about getting a chance to see Arsenal for the first time, as well as a chance to see the rest of the corps.

Yesterday, it was 113 at 6:30 PM and 102 at 10:45 PM, so heat could definitely be a factor, but I hope the show goes on.

59 minutes ago, WaxDCIFan said:

I wonder if this show will also start late.  The Belton shoe has already pushed an hour and the other thread says no unis or scores tonight.

Maybe 1/2 hour later???? On Cavies FB page daily schedule it has them performing at 10:58. Believe they were originally scheduled for 10:30. Not confirmed though.

21 minutes ago, WaxDCIFan said:

The forecast for the DFW area is a few degrees hotter than Belton....

But when you're talking about temps 100+, what's a few degrees?  LOL

The Academy has pulled out of tonight’s show due to a stomach virus.

Edited by Cadevilina Crown
  • Sad 5

40 minutes ago, besson57 said:

Yesterday, it was 113 at 6:30 PM and 102 at 10:45 PM, so heat could definitely be a factor, but I hope the show goes on.

DCI really needs to rethink the timing of the Texas tour in its summer plans.

7 minutes ago, mfrontz said:

When is it cooler in Texas in summer?

Good point, though it's not 113 in late June. Start the season in Texas, then west and east corps head their respective ways afterward.

(though I've been informed there's the issue of the TMEA convention the weekend of the SA show)

Edited by kdaddy

8 minutes ago, kdaddy said:

DCI really needs to rethink the timing of the Texas tour in its summer plans.

Thats for sure other than the indoor show I won't work with or go to any Texas show. After 2011 I decided, that's it for here...lol So I get flown in for SA then out as fast as I can..lol

• Like 1

Just now, kdaddy said:

Good point, though it's not 113 in late June. Start the season in Texas, then west and east corps head their respective ways afterward.

DCI sort of did this in 2011. They didn’t totally eliminate the Texas tour, but they did have the very first show of the season in DFW. All of 2010’s top 8 were present.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kdaddy said:

It would be cost prohibitive for corps to start in Texas, head back to their respective coasts, back to the middle, then all around the east. Point taken but just not feasible. I do think that as high temperatures continue to break historic records, it’s going to require some additional thought about how to continue drum corps shows in non-dome environments without sacrificing the safety and well-being of the marching members (and audience). 

• Like 2