Denton, TX - July 19, 2018

11 minutes ago, afd said:

Ah..December? There is no other choice. They  (DCI) have chosen to tour Texas in the middle of summer....end of story. Otherwise they can totally bypass TX.

I have to think there is a sufficient supply of smart thinking people associated with DCI admin and corps that they can figure out a better time to tour through Texas and the deep south to avoid heat like this and keep the thousands of touring corps folk safe.  How about the early part of tour (not mid July) go through Texas?  Is San Antonio going to dictate tour which brings it to Texas this time of year?  Maybe the tour premiere is in San Antonio.  Flip with Detroit.

2 minutes ago, LabMaster said:

I have to think there is a sufficient supply of smart thinking people associated with DCI admin and corps that they can figure out a better time to tour through Texas and the deep south to avoid heat like this and keep the thousands of touring corps folk safe.  How about the early part of tour (not mid July) go through Texas?  Is San Antonio going to dictate tour which brings it to Texas this time of year?  Maybe the tour premiere is in San Antonio.  Flip with Detroit.

Yes

2 minutes ago, LabMaster said:

I do agree with you but I don't see a change. The talent market is in TX. That's why there is a big tour in Texas. BD's DM is from Texas. It's location.

23 minutes ago, year1buick said:

This current heat wave is a little hotter than what we usually see at this point in July, unfortunately. However, after sundown it’s okay so maybe they can just plan ahead next time for later starts. I also saw on Regiment’s FB page that they had a nap block yesterday afternoon. (We did that on occasion when I marched. Even a night rehearsal once too.)

I remember clearly that it was 101 every day we were there last year for the show.  I have to say it didn’t bother me that much because it wasn’t accompanied by the oppressive humidity that we have here.  Walked all over the place.  

Of course, I wasn’t rehearsing either.  I remember a really super hot Texas tour in 1980.  And wasn’t 2011 really hot down there, too?  Because I remember it being over 100 degrees at the Battle Creek show and that’s in Michigan. Spectators were going down.  

Edited by Terri Schehr

Just now, Terri Schehr said:

I remember clearly that it was 101 every day we were there last year for the show.  I have to say it didn’t bother me that much because it wasn’t accompanied by the oppressive humidity that we have here.  Walked all over the place.  

Of course, I wasn’t rehearsing either.  I remember a really super hot Texas tour in 1980.  And wasn’t 2011 really hot down there, too?  Because I remember it being over 100 degrees at Battle Creek show and that’s in Michigan. Spectators were going down.  

Yeah, I should’ve clarified that I meant 106+ is a little out of the norm but that’s probably splitting hairs, anyway. People still mention the summer of 1980– it was epic.

When we came through Wichita Falls in 92, it was around this bad as well. My parents drove out to watch us rehearse but had to head back to the hotel after just 30 minutes. The corps eventually threw in the towel and just took everyone bowling that afternoon, if I remember correctly. (I hung out with my parents instead.)

Just received a call from my son with Crown's guard.... NO Uniforms will be used tonight in Denton.  Shorts & T-shirts

1 minute ago, year1buick said:

Yeah, I should’ve clarified that I meant 106+ is a little out of the norm but that’s probably splitting hairs, anyway. People still mention the summer of 1980– it was epic.

When we came through Wichita Falls in 92, it was around this bad as well. My parents drove out to watch us rehearse but had to head back to the hotel after just 30 minutes. The corps eventually threw in the towel and just took everyone bowling that afternoon, if I remember correctly. (I hung out with my parents instead.)

I’m glad they’re taking care of the members by moving back the show times and no unis.  Thank goodness Saturday’s show is in the Alamodome. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tmcculloughga said:

Just received a call from my son with Crown's guard.... NO Uniforms will be used tonight in Denton.  Shorts & T-shirts

Glad that minds over matter works in situations like this.

• Like 1