DCI.org: Delayed starts, no uniforms & no scores for both of tonight's Texas shows.

1 hour ago, year1buick said:

LOL. I thought the same thing. “Modified” should probably have been in there as well.

I believe the proper term is "family day" rehearsal attire.

• Haha 4

I applaud DCI's decision. At 2 p.m., the temperature at Denton airport was 106 and it was 103 at Temple airport (Temple is right next to Belton). My son is (hopefully) enjoying his very first nap block with Spirit this afternoon. I think they're prepping the corps members to audition for the Couchmen in the future.

Edited by SOA Dad
Typo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, PhantomPhan91 said:

In this situation, I wish that the venue/organizations would allow fans to BYOB..the Denton show has outgrown the CH Collins Stadium, which is notorious for having long lines at concession stands which often results in fans being "gated" out of their seats when corps begin to perform. The worst part is the restrooms that also suffer from long lines causing fans to miss performances, and there is literally no A/C in there so it is very hot and humid.

There is simply not enough concession stands and restrooms for the amount of people at this event, I hope they don't run out of water for the scorcher today! 

That decision may not be in the hands of the show organizers. Different stadiums have different rules about bringing food in, and some have requirements regarding using their concession stand folks.

1 hour ago, ShutUpAndPlayYerGuitar said:

Bummer. It always seems like stomach bug stuff happens late in the season.

Feel better soon, Academy.

• Like 2

At the Denver show, ticket holders were allowed to bring beverages if they were sealed and food.  It was a clear bag policy though and only very small handbags or clutches were allowed (no purses).  It was nice to bring in our own items and it was a pretty hot in Denver that day.  It's up to each stadium's policies though.   

Keep these kids and staff hydrated. Safe travels, rehearsals, and shows to all.

It's going to be progressively hotter by the day, til Sunday, here in Texas. (103 now) :guinesssmilie:

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

At the Denver show, ticket holders were allowed to bring beverages if they were sealed and food.  It was a clear bag policy though and only very small handbags or clutches were allowed (no purses).  It was nice to bring in our own items and it was a pretty hot in Denver that day.  It's up to each stadium's policies though.   

AT Levi Stadium in Santa Clara you can't bring in backpacks, bags ect UNLESS it's clear. You can bring in some food but it needs to be in a CLEAR bag in the clear bag you have to carry it. And the fruit (if you bring it) has to be cut a certain size (no kidding). Basically just bring your wallet to spend money on their over priced EVERYTHING!!!

...(that's the hidden message).

https://www.kohls.com/product/prd-3375031/kids-clear-rainbow-backpack.jsp?ci_mcc=ci&utm_campaign=GIRLS BASICS%26 ACCESS&utm_medium=CSE&utm_source=google&utm_product=82674249&CID=shopping15&utm_campaignid=1453539760&pid=googleadwords_int&af_channel=CSE&gclid=EAIaIQobChMItOCO5fWr3AIVD8ZkCh2TYg3_EAQYAyABEgJgqPD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=COfewu31q9wCFaMFfQodEM4DuQ