DCI.org: Delayed starts, no uniforms & no scores for both of tonight's Texas shows.

I'm wondering if the lack of being scored will take some pressure off... and just let them have fun out there and possibly discover something in the performance that wasn't there before... ? Dunno.  I am searching for something positive to say as I am dealing with the disappointment of no scores.  :(

It was definitely the right call.

3 minutes ago, luv4corps said:

I'm wondering if the lack of being scored will take some pressure off... and just let them have fun out there and possibly discover something in the performance that wasn't there before... ? Dunno.  I am searching for something positive to say as I am dealing with the disappointment of no scores.  :(

It was definitely the right call.

I'd say the lower chance of marching members going down due to heat exhaustion is a pretty darn good positive to mention.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, brassboy said:

I'd say the lower chance of marching members going down due to heat exhaustion is a pretty darn good positive to mention.

My disappointment is entirely selfish... I thought I made that clear... lol.  I know it was the right thing to do.

Just be glad Winston-Salem is not this week... 100% chance of rain this coming Sunday and entering a rainy period across the region for multiple days in East.  

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Zeke said:

Why can't they just leave it as a scored show? I don't get it.

You're alive!!  You've been so quiet lately (or we just haven't crossed paths).  Good to see you Zeke!

36 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

What's the point when visuals will be completely muddied up by the lack of uniforms? Some corps have elements of the uniform that contribute significantly to the show. The corps will still be getting constructive criticism from the judges which is what really matters anyways 

...OR we could see the show without all the glitz and glam.  Would be interesting to take GE out due to no uniforms and just judge it based on visual and music!

5 hours ago, ShutUpAndPlayYerGuitar said:

Bummer. It always seems like stomach bug stuff happens late in the season.

If it is the same bug i had last week.  It is BRUTAL.  

1 hour ago, xandandl said:

not sure, but your question evoked memories of the snow flake shows in Olympic Stadium in Montreal the morning corps did the echo/sound check the morning of Finals. Ah those were the days when corps didn't have to worry about being caught on the wrong side of "The Wall...of Ice."

Speaking of ice, last year a band in BOA competition, Homestead, who just missed Finals, had an actual (but small) ice skating rink on the field.

Something blatantly unfair with both Blue...having the night off tonight. 

I can imagine the Coats pulling those orange Slip and Slide tarps out of storage from 2014 and enjoying their wet water park while Tony DiCarlo sits on his huge (Canton version) life guard chair calling T&P while twirling his whistle a la VK.

• Haha 2

Good call by DCI here, IMO. From what I've seen on The Weather Channel, this heat wave is off the charts, even by Texas standards. 

I worked a DCA Sunday afternoon show in 2016 where the corps opted to perform without their uniform tops... t-shirts and uniform pants only... due to extreme heat. That also was the prudent call, without a doubt.