DCI Southeastern Regional - July 28, 2018

I have decided that the effects in Pioneer's dragon show that sound like trains are an homage to this:

"And there was one last surprise, in honour of Bilbo, and it startled the hobbits exceedingly, as Gandalf intended. The lights went out. A great smoke went up. It shaped itself like a mountain seen in the distance, and began to glow at the summit. It spouted green and scarlet flames. Out flew a red-golden dragon -- not life-size, but terribly life-like: fire came from his jaws, his eyes glared down; there was a roar, and he whizzed three times over the heads of the crowd. They all ducked, and many fell flat on their faces. The dragon passed like an express train, turned a somersault, and burst over Bywater with a deafening explosion."

• Like 1

Event staff are literally helping people find their seats DURING a performance. Rediculous. And people have just been standing by the rail blocking the view. I'm gonna have to ask the staff to do something. There's no way i can make it to the end of the night with people doing this. Horrible. If you're going to be a "fan" then show some decency and class.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, drangin said:

The stadium is cavernous, and it sounds it. They've made no effort to reduce the reverb.

I heard that the stadium only opened this week. Is this the first major event to take place there?

you heard very wrong

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

Could we be witnessing the finals run?

I certainly hope not, because that isn’t the answer to their problem. Not fair to these kids at all. 

3 minutes ago, Beckham said:

Major props to those kids for persevering through the awful situation they're in.

I agree, great run for them and this is my favorite show from Pioneer in a long time.

Edited by euphononium
Clarity
  • Like 1