DCI Southeastern Regional - July 28, 2018

Great job Genesis, it’s better every week!

Also, I Love seeing a show without props, Unfortunately though, I think it’s affecting their visual scores. Props have become quite a crutch for drill writers.

• Like 1

Another really fun show to listen to. Also, I never thought of this before, but Texas has a 2nd world class corps!! That's awesome. Way to go Genesis!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ThirdValvesAreForWimps said:

...along with all other forms of amplification.

You were anxiously awaiting for that opportunity! 

• Like 2

Meh. I just cannot get on board with this Genesis show. With the vast majority of corps putting out spectacular designs this year that are propelling them forward, Genesis & Scouts are the two corps that stick out for having shows that are holding them back. 

Genesis' brass is outstanding and truly punches above their scoring tier. Their guard has grown a lot this season and looks terrific. I wish the corps had a better shout help them move upward, but they're certainly doing what they can with it, and some of the rewrites are helping a bit. 

• Like 2

Just now, Jake W. said:

Meh. I just cannot get on board with this Genesis show. With the vast majority of corps putting out spectacular designs this year that are propelling them forward, Genesis & Scouts are the two corps that stick out for having shows that are holding them back. 

Genesis' brass is outstanding and truly punches above their scoring tier. Their guard has grown a lot this season and looks terrific. I wish the corps had a better shout help them move upward, but they're certainly doing what they can with it, and some of the rewrites are helping a bit. 

Completely different situations. Madison Scouts are embracing pretty much all modern trends, and it’s Not helping them. Genesis is resisting a few key modern trends, which is what is hurting them(of course there are other reasons they’re not scoring THAT well).

• Like 1