DCI Southeastern Regional - July 28, 2018

9 minutes ago, Fracker said:

Consistently getting flo error 2021 stream could not be found.  Anyone get this and have a fix?  waiting to hear from flo.......

I've been having more issues with Flo today than ever. But I think it's on my end. Powered down, started back up and it seems to be better. Crossing my fingers that it lasts. Good luck to you!

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Beckham said:

Same here. They told me to switch from Chrome to Firefox. So the typical Flo response of "It's your fault , not our's." :wall:

They told me to switch from Firefox to Chrome....lol

• Haha 2

I feel bad saying this, but Academy's shows have never connected with me.  I mean zero disrespect to the performers out there doing an amazing job.  I see how great they are, yet I just never feel like I can connect to their productions.  Is it just me?  I kind of hope so.  Because I know they are freaking good.  But I just never feel satisfied after watching them.  Probably my own issue, and really I hope it is my own problem.  They really are great out there.  I just don't ever "get" it.  I'm trying to give them a real chance in my own mind this year, but I'm not really feeling it yet.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, 2muchcoffeeman said:

Mello solo prompted a random thought: I'm not seeing many (any?) concert French horns on the field this year. Couldn't swing a dead cat a year/2 ago without hitting one

BD has two as soloists 

• Like 1

Just now, r_karlsson said:

I feel bad saying this, but Academy's shows have never connected with me.  I mean zero disrespect to the performers out there doing an amazing job.  I see how great they are, yet I just never feel like I can connect to their productions.  Is it just me?  I kind of hope so.  Because I know they are freaking good.  But I just never feel satisfied after watching them.  Probably my own issue, and really I hope it is my own problem.  They really are great out there.  I just don't ever "get" it.  I'm trying to give them a real chance in my own mind this year, but I'm not really feeling it yet.

me as well.

Oh Captain my Captain

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, mjoakes said:

They are. I get how alumni might be disappointed with some things. But the costumes are very good on the field. They’re performing really well right now. Some curious design choices - like that first 1/3 (and now the anticlimactic cheese at the end). Still, it isn’t a show that deserves the hate it has gotten from so many.

The members are clearly doing everything they can. Sounds good and looks good but there are some things back to the drawing board that should have been redone. When she comes out and plays to the ends good but it's less than half the show. The front half is segmented and choppy with soundover palooza not showing off sections. A simple way of designing it would be light hearted music, a soul jam and a mashup of both showing we need heart and soul.  Then you could copy pasta the cavies formula of a classic style uniform and take it off to show this one.  It just feels like 2 different shows designed differently. 

• Like 1