DCI Southeastern Regional - July 28, 2018

The crowd after Academy. I think the empty seats are the $$$ ones. I think it's pretty full

zbFMyBS.jpg

posted from the DrumScorps app

• Like 3

Academy's show contains rip-offs of two other championship-winning shows: Crown '13 (the "I think therefore I am" section) and Phantom '08 (the "O Captain My Captain" section).

2 minutes ago, r_karlsson said:

I feel bad saying this, but Academy's shows have never connected with me.  I mean zero disrespect to the performers out there doing an amazing job.  I see how great they are, yet I just never feel like I can connect to their productions.  Is it just me?  I kind of hope so.  Because I know they are freaking good.  But I just never feel satisfied after watching them.  Probably my own issue, and really I hope it is my own problem.  They really are great out there.  I just don't ever "get" it.  I'm trying to give them a real chance in my own mind this year, but I'm not really feeling it yet.

And I don't think it helped that they changed the end narration to "the victory is won." Umm... Now I'm really confused. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Photographer Jim said:

BD has two as soloists 

That are there more for decoration than function. They would have been better off with a concert euphonium

• Like 1

Academy wow keeps improving. Almost makes me wish I went to a school like that formal attire and they let you dance your desk, progressive nice.

1 minute ago, HouserCD said:

We are using the FloSports App on Roku with no issues but there is only one camera feed (multicam).

The roku makes a difference.  At least with us.  And we bought a new router and rechanneled stuff.  Comcast is usually the failure here. And we have the burst internet.