DCI Southeastern Regional - July 28, 2018

6 minutes ago, DCIDADDIO said:

6 minutes ago, shofmon88 said:

Just not a fan of the top 7 right now. SCV is ok I guess, and the back half of Bloo has a lot of energy, but otherwise music and design-wise I’m just not engaged.

It’s entirely the fault of the designers too. There’s no denying the talent and hard work of the members. But, meh.

posted from the DrumScorps app

So you were being SERIOUS with this post? Oye! It makes me sad as you aren’t getting or are connected to a particularly STELLAR year of DCI. 

The thing is, on a performance level, I can tell it’s a stellar year. Talent is soaring through the activity. It’s design that turns me off. Amplification of brass, unattractive costumes, sound bytes and prerecorded effects, singing (even though the singers themselves are excellent to exceptional).

All of these elements are usually so jarring that I’m no longer immersed in the experience.

posted from the DrumScorps app

• Like 2

2 hours ago, r_karlsson said:

I'm sure they will have a great comeback next year, but this year is kind of really depressing to me.

Why? After so many years of saying (hoping) the same thing, why would 2019 be any different?

The design is behind the times and not in any way ground breaking.

2 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

Probably in 3 years

Now that I think about it, he was 16 in 2014 when CBS did the news piece on him. So I guess next year or the year after depending on when his birthday is. 

Edited by Beckham

4 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

Is this an Eric S that used to work with crown?

no

2 hours ago, Musicman1084 said:

I really like that PR show.  I think they have what it takes to get up to that 8-9 spot, but they really need to rein in that high brass.  

Appreciate the optimism. Reality check, 10th or lower.

These regional threads are getting so predictable. Same thing is said about every corps in each one. I think I'll skip the Allentown thread and just wait for scores. :thumbup:

• Like 1