DCI Southeastern Regional - July 28, 2018

2 minutes ago, NakedEye said:

Oh these commentators....”that Garfield G was new in Cadets show.”

IT HAS BEEN THERE ALL SEASON! 

How do I apply to do that job?! :lol:

To be fair, it's possible that Daniel hadn't seen it much, if at all before tonight. He is the arranger/program coordinator/assistant director for Guardians. So he's been busy with them.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, just_another_fanatic said:

So BD colorguard content score goes from #5 to #1 in one day. This is the second time this has happened this season. 

Dafuq. 

It was never 5th...pencil to paper that last night was subjective at best. 

• Like 1

Just now, just_another_fanatic said:

So BD colorguard content score goes from #5 to #1 in one day. This is the second time this has happened this season. 

Dafuq. 

To be fair, guard scores have all been neck and neck and fluctuating all season. Judges sample different areas and each have different backgrounds and emphasize. It can be frustrating, but they’re all over the place and will likely continue to be.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, queenanne_1536 said:

That's your opinion. My opinion, which happens to mirror the judges, is I 100% do not think Crown is on the same level as BD this year (musically possibly-maybe), but from a GE and Visual perspective - no way. It's not even close. I also think BD has a better show than Bloo, but not by much. Until last year, I hated BD, so I would love to see them 4th, but that's not going to happen. They are just too good, and are getting the marks they deserve.

Crown is most definitely on the same level as BD (beating them in Brass and in several shows percussion as well). I would not be surprised to see Crown medal. They have work to do but it is possible. Certainly the hardest musical book. From a drill standpoint I do not see anyone moving as much as Crown. But this no longer seems to be rewarded which is too bad. It does seem the name of the game is big movable props and keeping everything down front. Not saying I do not like props (actually really like SCVs this year) but the days of a visually demanding drill appear to be a thing of the past (in my opinion).

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, BoyWonder1911 said:

Obviously they don't understand how to use the sheets. I understand there is subjectivity, but come on. This is rediculous. 

Want a thread killer point out something that happens on the field and ask how that affects GE. GE is something that can't be verbalized, period. 

6 minutes ago, just_another_fanatic said:

Dafuq. 

This is the first post I've ever seen that includes all 5 emoticon reactions.

• Haha 5