DCI Southeastern Regional - July 28, 2018

4 minutes ago, ThirdValvesAreForWimps said:

Two words: Debbie Torchia. 

She either loves or hates a guard.  She loves Blue Devils and she put The Cavaliers in seventh.

Then why in the hell is she still allowed to judge?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, ThirdValvesAreForWimps said:

Two words: Debbie Torchia. 

She either loves or hates a guard.  She loves Blue Devils and she put The Cavaliers in seventh.

she isn't nicknamed the torch for nothing...haha

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, MusicManNJ said:

Crown is most definitely on the same level as BD (beating them in Brass and in several shows percussion as well). I would not be surprised to see Crown medal. They have work to do but it is possible. Certainly the hardest musical book. From a drill standpoint I do not see anyone moving as much as Crown. But this no longer seems to be rewarded which is too bad. It does seem the name of the game is big movable props and keeping everything down front. Not saying I do not like props (actually really like SCVs this year) but the days of a visually demanding drill appear to be a thing of the past (in my opinion).

Every judge this year disagrees with you. I’m not trying to be rude, but it is that simple. They certainly do not have the hardest music book. Visual scores also don’t depend on the distance that members travel. For god’s sake, they do a FTL for half a movement, then stand and jam for the last half.

Drill being demanding for the sake of being demanding, I agree with you 100%. That’s mostly going away.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, 2muchcoffeeman said:

Judges cannot make up their minds on BK GE. No other corps has such a great degree of variation in the 4 subcap scores.

posted from the DrumScorps app

If you look at it closely, the GE 1's are separated by the smallest margin possible.

The GE 2's, which are judged differently than GE 1, we're the same score from both judges.

• Like 1

Just now, Liahona said:

As soon as I saw Torchia, Kuhn, Saucedo, and Phillips on the panel I knew it would be a rough scoring night for The Cavaliers.

1 minute ago, Liahona said:

I like judges that aren’t afraid to be bold.

• Like 1

Just now, MidWAmericanArts said:

Every judge this year disagrees with you. I’m not trying to be rude, but it is that simple. They certainly do not have the hardest music book. Visual scores also don’t depend on the distance that members travel. For god’s sake, they do a FTL for half a movement, then stand and jam for the last half.

Drill being demanding for the sake of being demanding, I agree with you 100%. That’s mostly going away.

This attitude is why people make fun of DCP.

2 minutes ago, ContraFart said:

Then why in the hell is she still allowed to judge?

I could ask that question about half the judges!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minutes ago, BoyWonder1911 said:

3 minutes ago, 2muchcoffeeman said:

Judges cannot make up their minds on BK GE. No other corps has such a great degree of variation in the 4 subcap scores.

If you look at it closely, the GE 1's are separated by the smallest margin possible.

The GE 2's, which are judged differently than GE 1, we're the same score from both judges.

to clarify, I was referring to the rankings, not the points.