DCI Southeastern Regional - July 28, 2018

Just now, caliswift said:

This attitude is why people make fun of DCP.

Sorry for upsetting you! I like being able to participate in debate, but to each their own.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MidWAmericanArts said:

Every judge this year disagrees with you. I’m not trying to be rude, but it is that simple. They certainly do not have the hardest music book. Visual scores also don’t depend on the distance that members travel. For god’s sake, they do a FTL for half a movement, then stand and jam for the last half.

Drill being demanding for the sake of being demanding, I agree with you 100%. That’s mostly going away.

Not every judge. They have won music in a few of the big shows. And have been beating BD in brass and occasionally percussion as well as occasionally music overall. Not talking about demand for demands sake. Talking about using incredibly intricate forms and travel patterns to create great visual moments. I am afraid a George Zingali style drill may not be credited to be in the top 8. And I see MANY corps parking and barking. Crown does it for one section and you dismiss all the other demand in the show. Not trying to be rude either... just my opinion.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, tedrick said:

so far the favorite show of the night at our party has been BAC

Can I come to your Party next time ?

• Like 2

Looks like there is a real fight for 12th. Did not think SOA would be in this position when the season started. Congratulations to them. 

Mandarins may very well pass Phantom by next week. Love seeing a first time finalist, which they will most certainly be.

Blue Stars are finally back to the competitive level they were at 2008-2010. Knowing how they typically close out seasons with a show that peaks at finals, I think they have a shot at 7th. 

Regardless of placement, I am happy for the Cadets. They were put in a position that might have led to other corps taking a year off. Cadets have put a great corps on the field this year and are still the odds on favorite to finish 7th.

Boston keeps getting better. It is so difficult to break into the top three these days, but BAC seems destined to do it in a year very soon. They are ascendant. 

At the top, I can make a case for any of the top three, but, as a child of the 70s, an SCV championship would be very special. Love seeing them as the favorite.

Two weeks from tonight we are going to see one fantastic show. 

• Like 4

Just now, mcjordansc said:

Looks like there is a real fight for 12th. Did not think SOA would be in this position when the season started. Congratulations to them. 

Mandarins may very well pass Phantom by next week. Love seeing a first time finalist, which they will most certainly be.

Blue Stars are finally back to the competitive level they were at 2008-2010. Knowing how they typically close out seasons with a show that peaks at finals, I think they have a shot at 7th. 

Regardless of placement, I am happy for the Cadets. They were put in a position that might have led to other corps taking a year off. Cadets have put a great corps on the field this year and are still the odds on favorite to finish 7th.

Boston keeps getting better. It is so difficult to break into the top three these days, but BAC seems destined to do it in a year very soon. They are ascendant. 

At the top, I can make a case for any of the top three, but, as a child of the 70s, an SCV championship would be very special. Love seeing them as the favorite.

Two weeks from tonight we are going to see one fantastic show

I dont plan on seeing much :beer:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, mcjordansc said:

Two weeks from tonight we are going to see one fantastic show. 

Couldn’t have said it better. 

• Like 1