DCI Southeastern Regional - July 28, 2018

29 minutes ago, CAC303 said:

I was at Vanguard's rehearsal today, and the run throughs this afternoon had much more energy and fewer bumps. I think they just had an off night. They seem to be training a new tuba player too, because there was no hole today in rehearsal.

posted from the DrumScorps app

All the corps had to walk nearly a mile to the stadium. It was easier for the FE's to push their stuff 3/4 of a mile to the stadium than try to get there the way DCI wanted them to go.  Add in the heat to the long treks, after swamp tour, and you get tired performers. Should be better next year once the construction is finished and the loading docks are reopened. 

Edited by desertrat68
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, PCEP00 said:

That was the difference between 5 and 6. Her axe is well-documented, see, eg. http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/index.php?/topic/147302-what-does-deborah-torchia-have-against-the-cavaliers/&page=2.

The Cavaliers had a bad run in Atlanta tonight. Let’s be honest. With that being said, Debbie doesn’t often reward a good run either.

Edited by ThirdValvesAreForWimps
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, shofmon88 said:

This pretty well is the case with the entire fanbase as well I think. Their visual programs in particular leave a lot of people scratching their head, but even then they’re able to do whatever it is they’re doing effectively (whatever that means). Their GE scores certainly seem to reflect that no one is quite sure what to do with BK.

posted from the DrumScorps app

Would it be the same if BD or Coats we’re performing that show, or would it be considered genius ??

25 minutes ago, bluesman said:

I disagree.  Devils show feels uneven.  There are too many abrupt changes in both music and style.  Bluecoats program has some of the best transitions between numbers which gives it more of a complete package.  

I agree with WarriorWay . From a musical and visual standpoint, BD's show is just stronger. BD has a better drill than Bluecoats, a better color guard, and a better concept. I enjoy Bluecoats show, but the props are distracting and they do absolutely nothing interesting with them. I can see why BD is beating them, and I expect that to continue through finals. At the end of the day, Bluecoats will probably get bronze, which is a lot better than their placement last year. From a show perspective, the 2018 show is my least favorite since 2013. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Any news/word/buzz about the SCV tuba hole? Injury related? 

Edited by TRacer

3 minutes ago, ThirdValvesAreForWimps said:

The Cavaliers had a bad run in Atlanta tonight. Let’s be honest. With that being said, Debbie doesn’t often reward a good run either.

Perhaps, but I don't think anything out of the ordinary has to happen for BAC to beat them this year. They have a better show, especially visually, IMO. They will be duking it out until the end.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1