DCI Southeastern Regional - July 28, 2018

Could someone please refresh my memory on what the music analysis 2 judge is?

7 hours ago, 27Socal said:

Concussion protocol.  I guess everything has that now.

We're seem to be learning from other threads that not every corps has this kind of smart response.

1 minute ago, GREENBLUE said:

Could someone please refresh my memory on what the music analysis 2 judge is?

1 of the judges is a percussion judge this year. Both judges are judging the same thing but using their different backgrounds (brass and percussion) to score the same caption.

1 hour ago, steeldrum said:

What did everyone think of the sound in the new stadium?  For me I thought it had less echo than the former dome, and better than LOS and Alamodome as well.  But perhaps its all about seat placement.

I sat in section 238, about 45 yard line in the club level.  Was very pleased with the quality of the sound in that section.  How as the sound and echo where you sat?

Overall spectacular facility.  I'd be in favor of moving finals to Atlanta in the future!  (ok, local convenience is a factor too...). 

We were in the same section. I thought the sound for the larger groups was fine. Early on, a lot of echos for soloists and big blasts. 

Overall, it was a great venue. Very fan-fiendly. Small touches like lots of surfaces to stand around for eating and drinking. When in the concourses, there are a lot of open spaces for viewing the field. Good prices as advertised. Not sure any of us need more incentive to load up on sugar and fat, however. Good grief, people drank an ocean of soda.

But I got frustrated with fans entering right in the middle of shows. No awareness by the fans that they were blocking views. And of course no help at all from the facility staff. Clubs are terrific, but also noisy for the 5-6 rows sitting near them.

Yes, it would be a good place for a change of pace with finals. Some hotels are near. Can't speak to parking or the logistics for the corps. Those are not trivial things.

7 hours ago, Cappybara said:

Not just that, BD's guard content scores in all competitions they've met up with the top 6 have been: 1, 3, 1, 5, 1

Now you tell me what scores are the anomaly :guinesssmilie:

And Boston went from 1st in SA to 4th last night and .7 behind 1st.  Interesting swings in all sections each regional.

• Like 1

From Spirit's FB page.  For those who didn't stick around after the last performance (did they show the encore on Flo?), for the final encore tune Spirit played Georgia (of course) and on the final chord, the DM turned around and started taking selfies of the crowd and the horn line.  He said the Corps was in on this, but he didn't know it was going to go that long  haha!

• Like 4

11 hours ago, MusicalFrog said:

one more question: is there a serious plan to make wireless mics work for Indianapolis, or are we just going to continue to not hear soloists consistently?

One thing to keep in mind: this was a brand new stadium. I do know this has been an issue for some corps at all venues, but this could be the reason it was so rampant last night. The established venues have several known wireless frequencies with little interference.