DCI Southeastern Regional - July 28, 2018

51 minutes ago, Precious Roy said:

I've also heard the lighting in the stadium is fabulous. LEDs at just the right color temperature, makes it seem like it's always daylight.

And the windows are fantastic! The lighting is so much better than the old dome. It was spectacular for both games we had there. Gosh tomorrow can't get here fast enough!

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, kinetic inferno11 said:

And the windows are fantastic! The lighting is so much better than the old dome. It was spectacular for both games we had there. Gosh tomorrow can't get here fast enough!

I'm just beyond excited. I've kept up with DCI casually over the years, watching finals here and there, but this will be my first time hearing corps live since my bro marched with Crown back in the nineties. I'm not even sure I'm gonna be able to sleep tonight, haha.

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, kinetic inferno11 said:

I hearted you just for the use of “gosh”!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Dpsouthern81 said:

Our tour guide said you pay for your $2 drink and fill your drink at the drink station.  Unlimited refills. 

OK... I'm on the next flight down. :tongue:

Edited by Fran Haring
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Dpsouthern81 said:

They are lining the field. Our tour guide said it takes 10-12 hours to prepare the football field.

UD2jAqK.jpg

posted from the DrumScorps app

Wait, is it a grass field? That’s so weird.

On a separate note, how can it take them 10+ hours to line one field when corps field liners can easily do three with 4-step ticks on the lines in 30-45 minutes?

1 minute ago, Bone-Tone Lord said:

On a separate note, how can it take them 10+ hours to line one field when corps field liners can easily do three with 4-step ticks on the lines in 30-45 minutes?

Turf field and both soccer and football teams use the same turf. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bone-Tone Lord said:

From an article linked earlier, they said they essentially built an outdoor stadium and put a roof over it, so everything inside the stadium is designed to get wet. I assume this also applies to the turf, so wether it's grass or something else, idk. Perhaps that has something to do with the prep time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ghost said:

At $2 a drink, there's a good chance it's not beer.

Beers are real cheap too. Food cheap as well.