DCI Southeastern Regional - July 28, 2018

Getting SOOOOO excited for this one! Leaving tomorrow - who can't handle an extra day in HOTlanta? (Actually I hope they keep the roof closed so it's NOT hot!)

• Like 2

On 7/24/2018 at 8:48 AM, SteenAZ said:

So I have a FloMarching subscription and have been watching a lot of the shows. But... I think I will skip this show. I can't sit and take up mist of my day again in front of a TV. I may start watching again in Allen town when it is two shorter nights.  This is the first time since I used to go on tour that I have seen so many shows. I'm getting a little burned out. Is anyone else?

You’re probably on your own there. Drum corps season is like football season. We spend most of the year obsessing about it and then the season finally comes and all is right with the world! ...but then in a flash it’s gone again and we go back to obsessing about it all off season.

• Like 2

On 7/24/2018 at 9:48 AM, SteenAZ said:

So I have a FloMarching subscription and have been watching a lot of the shows. But... I think I will skip this show. I can't sit and take up mist of my day again in front of a TV. I may start watching again in Allen town when it is two shorter nights.  This is the first time since I used to go on tour that I have seen so many shows. I'm getting a little burned out. Is anyone else?

I felt that way during finals last year.

That was also the night I quit DCP. 

Edited by mfrontz

6 minutes ago, mfrontz said:

That was also the night I quit DCP. 

I’ve done that before. I figured it was better than reading the same comments from the same posters about how much they hate the same corps. That was before I knew I could mute users. 

• Like 1

Does anyone know if the clubs will be accessible/functioning?  I'm in 128C which is the Suntrust Club.  I know for Falcon's games it is quite exclusive.  I'm pretty sure we have to go through the club at field level to get up to our seats. 

I see that the color guard and Front ensembles have warm up areas inside of the Georgia World Congress center,  Does anyone one know if everyone will be allowed inside to watch them?  I have heard that there may also be a warm up area for brass indoors, I hope that they still have batteries in the parking lot unless it rains then bringing them inside could be a good thing.

25 minutes ago, PeteInGA said:

Does anyone know if the clubs will be accessible/functioning?  I'm in 128C which is the Suntrust Club.  I know for Falcon's games it is quite exclusive.  I'm pretty sure we have to go through the club at field level to get up to our seats. 

The club level was always open during the years in the GA Dome so my guess would be yes.

1 hour ago, totaleefree said:

I see that the color guard and Front ensembles have warm up areas inside of the Georgia World Congress center,  Does anyone one know if everyone will be allowed inside to watch them?  I have heard that there may also be a warm up area for brass indoors, I hope that they still have batteries in the parking lot unless it rains then bringing them inside could be a good thing.

In previous years, you could walk thru the GWCC to get from the Omni to the Dome. But that was just a wide indoor concourse.  I'm not sure about accessibility to the internal conference spaces where ensembles would probably setup. 

EDIT:  GWCC Trivia -- That concourse doubled for Boston's Logan Airport in an episode of MacGyver which is filmed in Atlanta.  They had signage which said Logan, but forgot to cover up one that said "GWCC".

Edited by CrownBariDad