DCI Southeastern Regional - July 28, 2018

I wonder, can't your just practice at a public field......baseball...soccer field not being used?  Normally it's open to the public for any use.

Just now, gregory11 said:

I wonder, can't your just practice at a public field......baseball...soccer field not being used?  Normally it's open to the public for any use.

If most towns are like mine, the answer would often be no.   Use of township ballfields is fairly strictly allotted to local groups by permit, and anyone using them during the permitted time can be removed by the park rangers and police.  Anything as big as a drum corps would certainly make the park rangers look into the situation.   Pickup games - free play - happen all the time on these fields, but they have to move if the permit-holder comes along and wants them.  While summer usage by groups is often limited, there may also be restrictions on the fields for maintenance and recovery.  All in all, it would be unwise to just show up and assume a corps can monopolize a field or two all day long without problems.   A corps really needs to know that when they arrive somewhere, they have complete control of the fields they are using (with no possibility of complaint for noise violations, etc.).

And as for using school fields, it's even more restricted, and usually there will be fees charged to use them.

• Like 2

Made it here. Mercedes stadium looks awesome. Looking forward to some great matchups tomorrow.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dpsouthern81 said:

We have arrived in Atlanta and decided to do the Stadium Door. This place is massive, massive, massive, massive, massive....

posted from the DrumScorps app

FIFY

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Dpsouthern81 said:

We have arrived in Atlanta and decided to do the Stadium Door. This place is massive.

bzYJUvJ.jpg

posted from the DrumScorps app

That's a good looking NFL arena 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

That’s a fun area around there.   Lots to do. World of Coca Cola, CNN.  We ate at Legal Seafood and saw a lot of drum corps people there.  

Enjoy!  I’m now officially jealous.   :laughing:

Maybe I should have stayed in Atlanta.  I’m in Dothan and feel like I’m in the middle of nowhere.  But drum corps is drum corps no matter where it is.

• Like 2