DCI Southeastern Regional - July 28, 2018

8 minutes ago, ShortAndFast said:

Good analysis. I agree.

They probably even win in some really goofy scenarios (e.g. Bloo wins GE, BD wins visual, Crown wins music, SCV is 2nd across the board and takes the gold medal).

Guard is shaping up to be the most interesting caption. There seems to be real disagreements among the different judges on how to rank the units. It will be interesting to see who gets picked for the championship panels.

Exactly, and for Bloo and BD when I say "problem" it's sort of ridiculous, because placing 2nd, 3rd, or 4th means you are #### good, but when one group will have only 1s and 2s, it's a problem.

2 minutes ago, scooter133 said:

Random thoughts: Was anybody else as cold in the stadium as I was? I thought t-shirt and shorts would be fine (it's Atlanta in July, after all) but it was not nearly enough clothing. The echo off the empty side wasn't as noticeable towards the end of the night. Can't beat the concession prices and lines moved fairly quickly. Judging by the amount of people out there and bags I saw, lots of $$$ was made in the souvenir area. Looks like some corps were starting to run out of items.

That being said, from an entertainment perspective, my favorites:-

-Boston: understandable plot, visually interesting, loved the ending

-Mandarins: Loved the uniqueness of it

-Music City: biased Tennessean for sure, but again an understandable, well-executed plot. Between the way they're developing and the population boom in Nashville, watch out for them!

-Vanguard: Props added to the production (which I don't think is always the case) and they played their faces off. Well-deserved win.

Can't wait to compare tonight to the theater show!

I agree, but I feel like the Blue Devils are starting to catch fire, and maybe SCV is going a little flat. Boston gave me chills, and Spirit showed they are in contention for finals.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, jwillis35 said:

There are other things to do. DCI may not be one of them. Nothing wrong with that. 

Best comment EVER! 

20 minutes ago, chadwick said:

Any word on Spirits cymbal player?

No word on that, but I did sit next to a very nice Sprit trumpet player and her dad, she was in a wheelchair with crutches. Apparently she developed a stress fracture last week and her season is done. Really sweet girl. So sad she is having to watch the rest of the season from the stands.

posted from the DrumScorps app

• Sad 4

The competition in Atlanta was intense and the performance quality of the shows are so much more refined than DCI West in June at Stanford.  Perhaps we can have a show in mid July in Las Vegas when the new Raider Stadium is built.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HouserCD said:

The competition in Atlanta was intense and the performance quality of the shows are so much more refined than DCI West in June at Stanford.  Perhaps we can have a show in mid July in Las Vegas when the new Raider Stadium is built.  

"Drums Along the Craps Tables"

• Haha 6