DCI Southeastern Regional - July 28, 2018

1 minute ago, c mor said:

He dropped out in LA due to a medical condition.  Will not be returning.

That wasn’t Brandon, was it? His medical challenges are well known but #### he keeps on going...

13 hours ago, kinetic inferno11 said:

Only got a babylon shirt and a program book. I have some self control this year. I already have too many dci shirts :laughing:

I was up to 600+ shirts twelve years ago.  No idea what that number is now.  Only place I spent more on souvies was the Masters in Augusta a year ago. 2 grand in one day.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 2muchcoffeeman said:

Both Stars and BK inching closer to Cadets

Yes indeed.  Great job tonight Blue Stars, over BK tonight and 1.238 from Cadets with 2 weeks to go.  If this trend continues, should be an exciting competition come finals week! 

2 hours ago, just_another_fanatic said:

So BD colorguard content score goes from #5 to #1 in one day. This is the second time this has happened this season. 

Dafuq. 

Not just that, BD's guard content scores in all competitions they've met up with the top 6 have been: 1, 3, 1, 5, 1

Now you tell me what scores are the anomaly :guinesssmilie:

3 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

My first time watching these shows on multi-cam. The pose at the end of BD's show *really* matches the painting well.

For finals, they are changing it to the version of the painting that has Humphrey Bogart, Marilyn Monroe, James Dean and Elvis.  That's a real painting from 1984 called 'Boulevard of broken dreams".

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, WarriorWay said:

I didn’t say BD’s show is as even as Coats (it isn’t transition wise) but BD’s show isn’t designed to flow as much. I wouldn’t expect it to. I would definitely expect Coats show to flow like it does.

Agree with this. BD is telling a story with different "scenes." The fact that it is a little disjointed makes sense specifically for that show. 

Bluecoats meanwhile are establishing a mood. Yes, there is an underlying story there, but it is within one mind: that of the singer. 

Both do what they're doing really, really well

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, 27Socal said:

Have it on good authority that the tuba is out on "concussion protocol".   That's right.  Concussion protocol.  I guess everything has that now.  It's only for 1 or 2 shows, then will be back in the show.  Happened as the the result of a collision with another tuba.  Good that it's for a short time and won't affect finals.

It must be rough to be on concussion protocol while in drum corps. Doesn't loud noise really exacerbate the symptoms of a concussion?

Scheduled to attend final in. 2 1/2 weeks. For the experts out there who have seen all of the shows live, break it to me gently, how likely are Mandies to make finals. I can't bear the heartbreak if they don't after all the buildup this season. We attended San Antonio and thought their show was great. From a novices perspective I've actually been quite disappointed with the placement in the regionals.

33 minutes ago, DCIdad said:

Scheduled to attend final in. 2 1/2 weeks. For the experts out there who have seen all of the shows live, break it to me gently, how likely are Mandies to make finals. I can't bear the heartbreak if they don't after all the buildup this season. We attended San Antonio and thought their show was great. From a novices perspective I've actually been quite disappointed with the placement in the regionals.

Mandarins are currently up about 1.4 from not making finals.  That's a pretty good cushion.  It's possible that someone could make up that lead.  But would be rare.