DCI Southeastern Regional - July 28, 2018

53 minutes ago, DCI-86 said:

I’m from a country where we understand sarcasm and humour ;-) 

53 minutes ago, DCI-86 said:

I’m from a country divided, in a forum that on occasion is, shall we say, partisan. I appreciate scarsasm as much as anyone and wish you and yours the best Keep on Marching! 

Edited by whitedj2002
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

In St. Louis, people got up in the middle of shows and everyone had to stand up for them to get by.  And then they’d return to their seats in the middle of shows.  I lost count of how any times this repeatedly happened.  I was patient.  Said nothing. 

The worst part in Atlanta (at least where I was sitting) is that staff would come and grab free seats (as they always do) and then the seat owners would show up in the middle of the show and make them move ... and stand in front of me for a portion of the show.  If you are going to come in late (which you shouldn't), just grab a free seat for crying out loud.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, DCIdad said:

Scheduled to attend final in. 2 1/2 weeks. For the experts out there who have seen all of the shows live, break it to me gently, how likely are Mandies to make finals. I can't bear the heartbreak if they don't after all the buildup this season. We attended San Antonio and thought their show was great. .

Image result for done deal.. gifs

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Driving back on I-75N, I saw what appeared to be the Academy souvie trailer and vehicle pulled over to the shoulder with the flashers on. I was in the wrong lane and too much traffic for me to stop and render assistance. I hope they get back on the road soon.

A short time later, I caught up to the Blue Stars souvie trailer heading to the next show.

Safe travels all!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Image result for done deal.. gifs

I too was in SA and will be at LOS. I assure you they will make finals... AND not be 12! Highlight of the season!! 

Crossmen - seeing the video explaining the characters and storyline interactions between the two really helped me understand it way more. That being said, I still didn't get how hourglasses = purgatory. Their brass was just as good live as it was on video. Could tell at some points it was backed by a synth, but it definitely wasn't overpowering. Guard was great, had some drops, but still a great group. Closer was my favorite part. Sweetness follows was ok. Vocalist is better live by a lot.

Mandarins - wow. Ended up being one of my favorite shows of the day. I loved everything about it. The atmosphere they put you in during the pre show is something that the groups at the top aren't even doing as well as they are. It's something special. The guard is magnificent. I love watching their rifle work. And the LED rifles were a huge visual effect moment. People around me gasped when they saw them turn on. The ballad was such a great moment. That brass writing is some of my favorite of this whole season. Great tonality. This is the most improved group from last year to this year. It was so good.

Phantom - I didn't really care for this show this time. I know there are several phantom fans on here, but the show just does nothing for me. Especially when comparing it with the others in their grouping. They perform very well, and the show is better than last year to me, but it just isn't my thing. I also don't get how their props or color schemes portray the theme. It just doesn't fit to me. Teal guard and burnt orange props? Drill had some very beautiful formations. Guard was good. Love the ending flag work. The leg kick thing was a nice nod to days of old.

posted from the DrumScorps app

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, kinetic inferno11 said:

Crossmen - seeing the video explaining the characters and storyline interactions between the two really helped me understand it way more. That being said, I still didn't get how hourglasses = purgatory. Their brass was just as good live as it was on video. Could tell at some points it was backed by a synth, but it definitely wasn't overpowering. Guard was great, had some drops, but still a great group. Closer was my favorite part. Sweetness follows was ok. Vocalist is better live by a lot.

Mandarins - wow. Ended up being one of my favorite shows of the day. I loved everything about it. The atmosphere they put you in during the pre show is something that the groups at the top aren't even doing as well as they are. It's something special. The guard is magnificent. I love watching their rifle work. And the LED rifles were a huge visual effect moment. People around me gasped when they saw them turn on. The ballad was such a great moment. That brass writing is some of my favorite of this whole season. Great tonality. This is the most improved group from last year to this year. It was so good.

Phantom - I didn't really care for this show this time. I know there are several phantom fans on here, but the show just does nothing for me. Especially when comparing it with the others in their grouping. They perform very well, and the show is better than last year to me, but it just isn't my thing. I also don't get how their props or color schemes portray the theme. It just doesn't fit to me. Teal guard and burnt orange props? Drill had some very beautiful formations. Guard was good. Love the ending flag work. The leg kick thing was a nice nod to days of old.

posted from the DrumScorps app

Thank you! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DCI-86 said:

Kazakstan?