DCI Southeastern Regional - July 28, 2018

Edited by chris ncsu
wrong thread!

As an Alabama football fan, I certainly am partial to this particular Atlanta stadium.  :thumbup::laughing:

So I'm glad it went well for the drum corps show!!!

Edited by Fran Haring
  • Like 2

Had a great time, spent too much on souvies, shed a few tears here and there... but my only complaint was that no one was selling coffee. Some medications I'm on make me fairly drowsy, and I walked everywhere during the second intermission trying to find some brew. Ended up having to go to the car to sleep after BAC. It killed me to do it, but I kept falling asleep in my seat. The poor girl in front of me was probably like, "Why is does this freaking dude keep leaning his forehead into my hair?" (she had some big, poofy hair)

Anyway, still had an amazing time. My friend got to see everyone and said they were all awesome. Mandarins were the standout for me (given that I didn't see anyone after Boston). The staff was great as well. In our section (240), an attendant was at the top of the stairs at all times keeping people from entering during shows, so hats off that they were at least making an attempt to ensure an uninterrupted experience for the fans. I'll definitely go again next year and make sure to drink Mountain Dew until it kills me. 

• Like 1

Next year, I'm definitely ordering tickets early so I can get good seats.

I skipped out on the final block altogether for brass lots because the sound just wasn't cutting it where I sat (outside the 10). It's a lovely facility for sure, though. I hope DCI gets to continue using it.

5 hours ago, quijeros said:

Next year, I'm definitely ordering tickets early so I can get good seats.

I skipped out on the final block altogether for brass lots because the sound just wasn't cutting it where I sat (outside the 10). It's a lovely facility for sure, though. I hope DCI gets to continue using it.

Yeah -- me, too. I waited too long this year for ATL and Indy. We didn't know if the kids would get any Corps staff/tech jobs and by the time we found out, all the decent seats were gone. I guess I'll just plan on attending these DCI events every year no matter what. 

• Like 1

The past few years at the Georgia Dome I had gotten seats on the 45 about 20 rows ups. This year when I started looking 3 months ago all the decent tickets on the lower sections were not available, though last week several seats in that area opened up.  I wound up buying seats in section 337 but in row 1. Thev iew was the highest I have ever been for DCI but I got a good view of all the forms and visual, I had to use my binos though to see the faces of the performers.  I was on 25 but with the height I had a good view of the whole field and could see everything fron on. The sound was pretty good most of the time though sometimes the amps sounds from front ensembles especialy them banging a bass drum were distorted.   and the first row with unobstructed views is pretty awesome. I thought Madison was much better live than what i had seen on flo, Cavaliers seemed a little flat. SCV drums were kicking A $$ and taking names, Boston also rocked it.  Bluecoats still remind me too much of "Up with People" from the early 80's.  Was also good to see Music City live their show is even better live. Had some issues finding the lots for drumlines, Mike from DCI gave us a ride to where they were supposed to be but I don't think the corps knew where they were supposed to be.  ALl in all I thought Mercedes was a great venue and i will try to be back next year, I may stick with seats in the high areas again and save some money especially if I can get row 1 again.

I believe they announced it as just under 15,000

10 minutes ago, Super Don-O said:

I believe they announced it as just under 15,000

I think that's what I heard with a Dan Potter interview with Dan Acheson. He said something about "rounding up to 15,000".