DCI Southeastern Regional - July 28, 2018

2 minutes ago, Fracker said:

90mbps comcast.

I think I solved my issue by doing all the below:

1. run ccleaner and clean everything (history, cache, passwords in all browsers).

2. log in to flo

3. do NOT adjust the resolution setting.  leave it on auto.

Went from several 2021s per show to none in 3 shows.

Will try that during the next break.

Does Phantom's hornline sound a little thin?   Maybe it's the Flo mic positions.

1 minute ago, Musicman1084 said:

I think I share a lot of the same sentiments as others here regarding Crossmen's show.  I enjoyed the performance quality, but the show didn't really do much for me.  The intro really pulled me in, but then they lose me from there.

As an aside, I find it interesting that there were some very vocal people here last year speaking out against the Crown singer (in a VERY hostile way) for every little instance she might have missed her pitch or sung off-key, yet nobody mentioning anything about the Crossmen singer.

Agreed. Tchaik 6, while arranged well, makes me numb after a while because it's such a long movement. Good for the older fans who appreciate longer arrangements of music in the era of chop 'n' bop, but not really the best design choice in modern-day DCI. And yeah, Crossmen's singer is extra-pitchy; it's one case where I'd MUCH prefer a bari or euph solo.

As much as I'd rather see Academy or Spirit in Finals, the Crossmen are simply too talented thanks to their Texas roots.

• Like 1