DCI Southeastern Regional - July 28, 2018

33 minutes ago, 2muchcoffeeman said:

OCD comment: wouldn't it be better if the shape of the roll-around pentagons on the field matched the shape of the pentagons on the tarp?  roll-around pentagons were hexagons like on the tarp?

It’s “CDO” not OCD because it has to be alphabetical— has to be!!

Edited by TRacer

8 minutes ago, Musicman1084 said:

Right, but is it the member's fault for being put in that position? Is it fair to offer up so much hostility geared towards the member of one corps over another because the corps itself happens to be better?  For clarity, I also didn't agree with the design decisions then, and I'm not saying there should be the same treatment in this case, but I do find it interesting how people were so quick to gang up on a member with personal attacks in one situation but not the other. Sort of a double-standard.  

People attacking corps members has never made sense to me. Blame the design team. The kids on the field are not professionals and are not going to be perfect, no matter how much they've practiced it. And even the best professionals in the world sometimes screw up in live performances.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, 2muchcoffeeman said:

yeah. I mean, I understand starting off soft and building to a punch. But the whole fertility-god-worship-circle-woooooh-aaaaaahhhh  thing has become a cliche. I long for a corps that will smack me in the face on Beat One.

SCVC is for you then. My son (3rd year trumpet) tells me the “driver” for their opening ka-wham hit was the staff sitting around going, “Ya know what? Eff it, this is drum corps!” 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, TRacer said:

SCVC is for you then. My son (3rd year trumpet) tells me the “driver” for their opening ka-wham hit was the staff sitting around going, “Ya know what? Eff it, this is drum corps!” 

I love that opening hit in SCVC's show. First time I saw them, it made me jump in my seat a little. I'm hoping so much for an SCV sweep at DCI this year.

• Like 2