DCI Southeastern Regional - July 28, 2018

Man these tarps don’t look good under stadium lights

posted from the DrumScorps app

Blue Stars have one of my favorite musical shows of the season. It’s just so completely enjoyable!

On paper, their concept sounds like the stupidest thing ever, but it’s such a great show and is really cleaning up.

Just noticed that the vests the guard wears at the end look like 1/2 US-style reflector vest and 1/2 Aussie “tradie” shirt, with the distinctive blue band at the bottom.

25 minutes ago, RedJazz1900 said:

Blue Knights’ guard is noticeably weaker than a number of corps under them. It is extremely noticeable.

So educate me in layman’s terms about all the BK guard bashing. I’m not a  arts and music guy but love the music, so I don’t see any difference in what they’re doing versus Corps prior to them that were dropping and out of sink. 

8 minutes ago, shofmon88 said:

Better? Nah. Just as good? Easily. Very different sound, less brassy and raw.

For reference, Blue Stars and BK have met only once this season (weird) and BK narrowly beat BS in brass 16.80 to 16.75. So yes, very evenly matched.

Current crowd for BAC. Pretty full up.

BYKAe61.jpg

• Like 4

1 minute ago, 2muchcoffeeman said:

Stars sound great. +1 for Melody. Almost too sweet; I want some go-for-the-throat moments but they hold back.

Not as locked-down on an individual visual basis as they need to be. 

Kinda of an even-keel Crossmen feel but with more Melody and connection to the crowd.

I agree with the visual individual but they've been getting really good numbers. Swept Cadets this week in all visual fields. Maybe we are more critical than the judges :tongue: