Mesquite, TX - July 23, 2018

3 hours ago, SOA Dad said:

Excited (more than anyone can imagine) that I will get to see my son perform live in competition for the first time this evening. Should be quite a big crowd, hoping it will be a very lively one as well. Aside from the fact I'm not qualified to comment on how good (or not) any corps' performances are, I suspect I will only to get to see a few corps perform before Spirit as some face time is on the agenda. The very best of luck to all of the corps this evening - stay hydrated and have great performances one and all!   

We were truly surprised this year at how much we liked Spirit's show - they're doing a great job this summer!

Mike

• Like 1

1 hour ago, boxingfred said:

The difference between  being drenched in sweat 5 seconds after you go outside  or 6 seconds after you go outside, 

Difference between "this is miserable" and "I am literally about to die."

1 hour ago, Precious Roy said:

Ah, but you are just as qualified to comment as anybody else here is. While many of us here may not be qualified to formally adjudicate the performances, I would hope everybody would feel qualified to give an opinion and comment on what they perceive to be "good" (or not).

I have the same perspective as @DrumManTx - I watch a show looking for what I will like as opposed to what I will not like. I have now been able to see 21 of the 24 WC corps on FloMarching this year, save for SCV, BD and Crown (and would have seen them Saturday had we not lost power), and I am just amazed by the depth and breadth of talent and diversity of offerings in these programs. Honestly, I've gone to Denton and Lake Highlands several times over the past few years and have always thought this is so much more worth my money for a ticket than a ticket to an NFL game (and I love football, too) and it is not even close.     

• Like 5

1 hour ago, scvphan said:

The nostalgic side of me will miss Lake Highlands - one of the longest running venues in DCI. But agree the parking situation will be better. So many years of parking on residential streets when at Lake Highlands.

It’s not often that your kid marches at the same high school in the 2000’s that you marched in the ‘70’s. 

• Like 3

This was just posted, but it looks like the times are already adjusted on the OP.

@CorpsScores: RT @DCI: UPDATE: DCI Mesquite will now start at 7:40 PM due to excessive heat warnings https://t.co/2WkRhd2fcm

m.twitter.com/CorpsScores