Mesquite, TX - July 23, 2018

15 hours ago, NSUMusician said:

I thought the quality of all corps has gone up exponentially in the past 20 or so years. Wow!

Now, to step on a bit of a soap box... last year the Bluecoats pit was lambasted, and in my opinion, blackballed over their pre-show hype at DCI Minnesota that bled onto the field during SCV’s ballad. Did anyone else notice that Blue Devils were hyping it up during SCV’s ballad? Where’s the criticism?

posted from the DrumScorps app

I completely agree - the Cascades were the "dog" of the show - but they were entertaining and high quality.  

I noticed a number of corps hyping during live performances.  It's bad show.  Any corps doing that does deserve criticism in my opinion.  

2 hours ago, Euphscott said:

I completely agree - the Cascades were the "dog" of the show - but they were entertaining and high quality.  

I noticed a number of corps hyping during live performances.  It's bad show.  Any corps doing that does deserve criticism in my opinion.  

Yup, could clearly hear Cavies doing it during Crown, then BD doing it during Cavies. They were also in clear view of the stands, in a place where they would definitely know they'd be heard.

1 minute ago, xandandl said:

where's Tony DiCarlo's squad when you need them?  Sometimes even the big boys act like little kids and need to be reminded with a penalty or two. Sportsmanship matters.

Are we sure it's the corps' fault? Some shows assign warm up areas. 

If all those corps were doing the same thing to each other, I suspect they were all assigned to be there prior to stepping off. 

5 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

If all those corps were doing the same thing to each other, I suspect they were all assigned to be there prior to stepping off. 

being classy doesn't need an assigned time.   This isn't the NBA.

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, xandandl said:

being classy doesn't need an assigned time.   This isn't the NBA.

So is your expectation that the corps not warm up in their assigned warm up areas?

34 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

If they were in clear view from the stands it wasn’t a warmup area :doh:

Just now, karuna said:

If they were in clear view from the stands it wasn’t a warmup area :doh:

Not sure that’s necessarily true. I remember earlier on this season (late June, early July) there were complaints about being able to hear SCV warming up before stepping off. 

Someone who was at the show was making a huge deal about it on DCP, until someone else looked into it and found out they were assigned to be there by the show organizers.