Mesquite, TX - July 23, 2018

2 minutes ago, xandandl said:

back to your room Sheldon.

Humor is often used as a response to a question when 

1. someone feels uncomfortable 

2. someone does not know the answer to the question they were asked 

9 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Not sure that’s necessarily true. I remember earlier on this season (late June, early July) there were complaints about being able to hear SCV warming up before stepping off. 

Someone who was at the show was making a huge deal about it on DCP, until someone else looked into it and found out they were assigned to be there by the show organizers.

It was in Oregon or Washington.  I remember reading it, too.  

23 minutes ago, karuna said:

If they were in clear view from the stands it wasn’t a warmup area :doh:

I was at the show and saw Corps doing “hype” cheers just outside the end zone fence during other corps’ ballads, etc.  happened multiple times during the evening, not warmups.

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Humor is often used as a response to a question when 

1. someone feels uncomfortable 

2. someone does not know the answer to the question they were asked 

neither you nor I  were present for the show, so further discussion would not be based on facts observed by either of us. Speculation would border on prattle.

neither you or I were present for the show and do not know or not know whether the corps were or not within assigned areas.  Even if they were, disturbing another corps' performance is never classy whether deliberate (psyching out) or not.  Ask anyone who sits in the second deck of Allentown; even warm-ups in Emmaus would not be far enough away.

Some people like to engage in debate as a recreational sport; I am not one of them.

some like to play gotcha in such debates; Sheldon Cooper (Sr. and Jr. from what I hear) is one of them. I am not.

The only pre-show hype that I heard over the performing corps was Cavies doing their chant in the middle of Crown's ballad.

Didn't notice anything from BD during Cavies run, if there was something then I call that justice. lol

Edited by jeffmolnar

I was there. The Cavaliers were clearly heard during Crown's ballad. The were in the staging area just outside of the endzone, not a warmup area. Several people around me remarked about how rude it was. BD also hyped during Cavies, but it wasn't as noticeable.

4 hours ago, jeffmolnar said:

The only pre-show hype that I heard over the performing corps was Cavies doing their chant in the middle of Crown's ballad.

Didn't notice anything from BD during Cavies run, if there was something then I call that justice. lol

Troopers also had their hype chant during Genesis ballad