Mesquite, TX - July 23, 2018

I might have just found a cure for drug addiction. Just listen to SCV's ballad. Seriously plus the horn snap should keep you off for good.

posted from the DrumScorps app

Just spoke with my family who attended tonight. They had 8 tickets 8 rows up on the 50. Obviously they wanted to be close to the front ensemble. Ended up just having to find seats somewhere so they sat in upper level around the 20. So disappointing. :hmmm:  I can tell y’all if I’d have been there, I’d have had my seat on the 50. Not sure why it was such a cluster tonight. 

1 hour ago, xandandl said:

what's the word with Regiment's hassles tonight?

I don’t know, I haven’t heard. (I’m still at home in SA tonight.) I also noticed they had some confusion Saturday night (several corps, did actually) on which way to move the equipment out. Will Pitts even ran out on to the field having an urgent looking conversation with Tony Dicarlo as the Cadets were entering. One corps even had their equipment train facing the wrong way and had to back it out.

Edit: I had to read back through the thread to see what you were referring to (I jumped in late.) I’m glad it wasn’t an accident but that’s got to be incredibly frustrating for the corps. We had a bus break down on the way to Foxboro in 94 before quarters or semis (I forget which) and it was pretty stressful.

Edited by year1buick

22 minutes ago, GREENBLUE said:

What’s up with the BD drum major having an earpiece in his ear during the section right before natural woman? Also the 5 microphones across front of field ( not for soloists)?

Was the earpiece in only for that section?

Very well done bloo. The ballad seemed to not be phasing noticably and I'm starting to really love the new closer. 2nd best closer this season imo but the most interesting show for me. Keep it up

posted from the DrumScorps app

lots of great performances tonight.Most of the guards suffered because of the wind. It was a great night of performances.

Edited by boxingfred
  • Like 1

No scopes tonight.  Oh well