Help for one of our own.

Garrett marched Cavaliers for several years in the early 2000s.  This weekend Garrett and his wife were brutally attacked while walking their dog in their neighborhood. They were held up at gunpoint and robbed.

Click here for a news article/video (warning, it's disturbing).

"Dallas friends, we need help. Today we were told it’s unlikely these criminals will receive anything more than probation. That’s totally unacceptable. Please reach out to (214) 653-3600 or better yet the DA’s campaign Office at http://www.keepfaithjohnsonforda.com. These criminals must be tried as adults and receive 20 years MINIMUM."

"Unfortunately today we were made aware that our own city does not support us the way our community and neighbors do. We met w the detective for our case at the DPD and received startling news. It is highly unlikely that these criminals will receive anything more than probation (if that). We appreciate the honesty but refuse to accept that reality. This is not at fault of the brave men and women that protect our city but bc of the DA and more specifically, the Juvenile DA (appointed by the DA). Our detective stated that in his 4 years at DPD, the juvenile DA has not tried a single one of his juvenile cases. They have had juvenile murderers get 5 years probation. A detective specializing in juvenile crimes said the same. This is truly heartbreaking and eye opening. These criminals/this gang, deserve punishment. Their victims, not only us, deserve justice. We are told that won’t happen. This is unjust and disgraceful. If you read this and think ‘oh, I live in ____ and it won’t happen to me.’ You are wrong. The police force is down 800 officers, approx 50%. It can happen to anyone and no one is safe. There are literally not enough officers to protect our city. I urge everyone to share this video clip with audio to anyone and everyone and give the DA’s office no choice but to DO THE RIGHT THING. One of the boys’ own mothers reached out to me with apologies and anger, she wants justice and long term jail time for her son just like we do. It is far from his first offense and was released from some kind of legal custody in APRIL of THIS YEAR. Please share, post, tweet, whatever it takes to make our city protect all citizens from crimes like this."

• Thanks 1