Hey Flo! Please show this

15 minutes ago, MadisonBandMan1 said:

Just get rid of the drunk shots, and I think that will make a lot of people happier. 

Except for @Terri Schehr

• Haha 3

Overall the high cam has been decent... they try to slowly pan right or left if the staging calls for it.  The only obvious issue was the last few seconds of BAC and they almost missed the complete phrasing as they were too focused to the right and at the last second panned to the left.  

26 minutes ago, MadisonBandMan1 said:

Just get rid of the drunk shots, and I think that will make a lot of people happier. 

The "drunk" shots are on the director, not the people on the cameras. Switching from camera 2 to camera 4 while camera 4 is repositioning (or not switching away from camera 4 before camera 4 starts to reposition) is what leads to the drunk shots. Yes, less of that please. This seams like it should be intuitive, and they probably (hopefully?) got the same advice from the Tom Blair crew. And ######, Jim, I'm a weatherman not a TV production expert. But -- high cam is your safe space. When in doubt, retreat to high cam.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

Is Flo actually reading this? 

If we get some good ideas, I plan to make them aware of this thread. 

5 minutes ago, Precious Roy said:

The "drunk" shots are on the director, not the people on the cameras. Switching from camera 2 to camera 4 while camera 4 is repositioning (or not switching away from camera 4 before camera 4 starts to reposition) is what leads to the drunk shots. Yes, less of that please. This seams like it should be intuitive, and they probably (hopefully?) got the same advice from the Tom Blair crew. And ######, Jim, I'm a weatherman not a TV production expert. But -- high cam is your safe space. When in doubt, retreat to high cam.

It's all about communication between the folks in the director's booth and the cameramen.  EVERYONE should know which camera is "hot" and which camera is due up next. Yes, sometimes things can get a little hectic and slip ups happen. I'm hoping we can help with a little pre-scripting.  You won't know unless you try.

• Like 1

I think we all know where Flo falls short, so I don't want this to be another "let's bash Flo" thread. What are some shots we'd like Flo to get for the SE Regional?

Am I the only one that wants picture in picture? Closeup shots have their purpose but I want to be able to see from the box at all times too.

• Like 3

I think the way they showed Crowns teeter totter at the opening in Detroit was FANTASTIC! Having the camera teeter with it was amazing. Please do this again!!!

• Thanks 1