Hey Flo! Please show this

I was pleased with the camera crew for SA. I realize no madder what we only get approx. 33%, add in the boom operator, NFL vantage points for finals week maybe that percentage increases somewhat. We must also realize just like sound is different in the varying venues video production is as well. I watch BD from finals last year a lot but don't expect that type of coverage from Muncie or Central Texas. We shouldn't set our expectations to high knowing how much we miss ourselves sitting there live in LOS.

Most other live productions equip the camera crew with wireless earbuds that prepares them for the next set. I think we are almost there. Sitting from a far checking out the corps soundboards I am pretty impressed think they have a lot of capabilities. Using Bluetooth connectivity from the soundboard the corps "show file" includes a verbal track that pairs with the camera crews using jargon that a camera person  off the street understands. Center Front/Back, Left/Right Front Back, Cut. Cover in the production meeting Pit, Guard they should know horns & drums. This would leave the presentation up to the corps and they can modify at will. Don't think I am inventing this it is probably already in the works. 

Don't restrict your suggestions to the (presumed) top 15. The cinemacast usually shows short clips from the other World Class corps as well.

• Like 2

I’m convinced Flo has been following this thread. I’m seeing several of the suggestions mentioned here being done tonight in Atlanta.

Kudos to you @CrownBariDad for starting this one. 

Edited by Old Corps Guy
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Old Corps Guy said:

I’m convinced Flo has been following this thread. I’m seeing several of the suggestions mentioned here being done tonight in Atlanta.

Kudos to you @CrownBariDad for starting this one. 

You are most welcome!

Definitely show the singers on "Oh What a World" in Cavies' show--

oh wait, never mind.

Dear Flo: make better decisions than you just did with the video of SCV from Atlanta. You were usually looking in the wrong place.

Multicam on Bloo also kept picking the wrong shots.

This is all well and good but if we don't find a way to que them in their earbuds we're asking for the impossible will never be happy and are living in the dark ages. 

4 hours ago, Cappybara said:

No Z-pull though..

Sigh -- I missed it, too and I was there!  Head buried in DCP.