Hey Flo! Please show this

31 minutes ago, ouooga said:

Am I the only one that wants picture in picture? Closeup shots have their purpose but I want to be able to see from the box at all times too.

Not sure if they have the tech at the venues, but cool idea!

• Like 1

More close up of Mandarin on stilts!

• Like 3

Tom Blair and crew will be taking care of finals, I am confident he has been doing his homework 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Tom Blair and crew will be taking care of finals, I am confident he has been doing his homework 

No doubt!

3 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Great idea for a thread. I'll chime in with some specifics later, but I just want to note two general desires now: (1) try to show as much drill as possible and (2) we generally need to see soloists for only a second as they start and maybe a second as they finish. Don't hold any close-ups for long unless the person is doing something visually interesting.

This, a gazillion bazillion times.  It's so lazy to stay on a horn soloist for any more than a couple seconds.  

I, too, like this thread idea, and will come up with some.  But lingering on horn soloist is the first thing I thought of.  

The other would be to look out for any guard features.  If you see 15 or more guard members in a tight formation, chances are there will be some nice visuals moments to capture with a nice medium shot of the whole group.  For example

• Blue Devils guys guard and girls guard formation leading into Harlem Nocturne
  • Blue Devils girls guard in Natural Woman opener
  • Crown Guard center stage at end of Bruckner
  • Coats flagwork during build of God Bless the Child  I think someone else suggested with vocalist in foreground.  That would be awesome. That is one of those moments that can be remembered for a long time if captured correctly, or kinda lost with a close up of the soloist.

Edited by runyancm
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, CrownBariDad said:

If we get some good ideas, I plan to make them aware of this thread. 

Well, in that case, tell flo to get more crowd reactions. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

Well, in that case, tell flo to get more crowd reactions. 

But from what I'm hearing, there aren't any. Sigh!

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, CrownBariDad said:

Not sure if they have the tech at the venues, but cool idea!

Could anyone who understands how filming live broadcasts work comment whether it's difficult to have the closeups superimposed on the bottom right-hand corner of a high cam feed? Like how they used to have on the old DVD's? (thinking of Phantom 89 with the masked soloist)