Hey Flo! Please show this

Hey Flo streaming on my phone pre and post DCA show parking lot worked well

They got the BAC ending right at least on high cam in ATL...

On 7/26/2018 at 9:50 PM, jwillis35 said:

My two cents:

1. Show more drill from mid to high vantage points.  Music is motion in drum corps. Most of us want to see that motion while listening.  Closeups are ok on rare occasions, but should not be extended past a few seconds.  This is not the NBA, a star-driven sport where closeups of dunks is part of what makes it cool on TV. That works for the NBA, but not for DCI.  Drum corps is a large-ensemble artistic activity that uses a large venue for presentation.  Showing this to viewers on TV or computer means doing your best to capture drill, motion, and big picture forms without moving into nose-bleed heights or getting too close that we lose the overall effect. 

2. I really believe FLO should try to record audio from midway up the stands (depending on the size of the stadium) and use 1 stereo pair in the middle, with single mono microphones at the 30 and 20 on each side of the 50. Mix in Pro Tools surround sound format.  I believe we would get a more natural sound with less bleeding from solos, solo mics, the pit, or the feedback from the large amplifiers up front.

As with almost all of your posts, I offer an additional 1,000 :91_thumbsup:for your ideas.  Get the mics off the front sideline.

Shouldn't there also be a thread called "hey flo, please DON'T show..."

I don't need to see any more guard/featured dancers running off into the tunnel while the rest of the corps is still performing!

On 7/26/2018 at 10:13 PM, runyancm said:

One thing i get the most out of on the finals recordings (understood not flo) is closeups of members as soon as the performance is over.  There are some very emotional, powerful reactions as members soak in the ovation of the crowd, especially on finals night.

It's not quite what it used to be.  They don't have a lot of time to soak it in any more because they need to clean up the field, but I can think of several shots in the past that have brought a tear to eye.

Like these (a quick, small sampling)?

2003 Phantom

2003 SCV

2008 Phantom

• Like 1

3 hours ago, luv4corps said:

Shouldn't there also be a thread called "hey flo, please DON'T show..."

I don't need to see any more guard/featured dancers running off into the tunnel while the rest of the corps is still performing!

Hey -- go for it!

At ATL, I was too busy watching PC for the first time live to notice if the Flo feed showed the backfield DM during the Mambo. Did he get some screen time?

1 hour ago, CrownBariDad said:

At ATL, I was too busy watching PC for the first time live to notice if the Flo feed showed the backfield DM during the Mambo. Did he get some screen time?

I looked and looked and looked again.  I could not see.  Is it the backfield DM?

6 minutes ago, luv4corps said:

I looked and looked and looked again.  I could not see.  Is it the backfield DM?

Yep. Backfield on the 50.