Peckville Order Or Times?

I tried to count the sizes of the different DCA corps at both shows today and this is what I got (corrections welcome):

116 -- Atlanta CV: 50 brass, 19 battery (9/5/5), 17 pit, 30 guard

114 -- Reading Buccaneers: 50 brass, 24 battery (9/4/5/6), 13 pit, 27 guard

110 -- Cadets2: 54 brass, 18 battery (8/5/5), 18 pit, 20 guard

104 -- Hawthorne Caballeros: 49 brass, 18 battery (9/4/5), 12 pit, 25 guard

101 -- White Sabers: 43 brass, 17 battery (8/4/5), 14 pit, 27 guard

80 -- Bushwackers: 22 brass, 21 battery (8/4/5/4), 11 pit, 25 guard

78 -- Sunrisers: 37 brass, 13 battery (5/3/5), 11 pit, 17 guard

77 -- Cincinnati Tradition: 35 brass, 21 battery (8/4/5/4), 13 pit, 13 guard

62 -- Carolina Gold: 19 brass, 13 battery (5/3/5), 5 pit, 25 guard

44 -- Skyliners: 17 brass, 11 battery (4/3/4), 6 pit, 10 guard

Probably missed some. The bigger groups tend to move around more and are harder to count.

Just noticed that Bush had a -1.4 penalty.

27 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Just to be clear: they can record, but until / unless they have secured synchronization licenses, how can they "make sure everyone gets to see the shows"? Live streams are one thing, and obviously I hope they take care of any glitches for championships (which I'll be seeing live), but we've heard many times on these forums that the reason that Flomarching or other services don't have even a temporary DVR function is that anything that's not live requires additional licensing.

My understanding too. 2006 was first year DCA was on web and could watch for a few days later. Also had as package where you could watch some corps shows on demand. Then licensing confusion got cleared up and end of non live shows. And that dvr function ended minute live feed was done. Don't see how they can show a recording either.

4 hours ago, leed17 said:

I’m back on too...

just venting here...I love the the fact that we can stream on flo and now box 5 and I know we should be thankful for that with all of the licensing issues these days...BUT, it is frustrating to be able to stream Netflix, MLB games, etc with no freezes, hiccups, dropped signal, etc yet I seem to have trouble just about every time I stream a drum corps show!  Flo has been better, but I still have the occasional issue, and this is while running one brand new iMac, wired connection, on Comcast blast at 200mbps. I know Flo and Box5 don’t have the tech that Netflix and MLB have, but it’s still frustrating!  Ok, I’ll stop now...still glad to be able to stream drum corps when I can.

I was there live. Stadium doesn’t look like it has a WiFi system, so not sure how they were running it. I did stream the dci show on my phone before and after with zero issues

4 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Yes, I was doing that. Every time. About a dozen times in all. But for quite some time it wasn't working, and it wouldn't let me access the "lost password" page either.

And then it told me to wait 33 seconds before trying again. And then finally it let me access the lost-password page (even though I hadn't; it was written down right in front of me), and so I set a new password, and then it worked, and I caught about the last four minutes of Bucs' show.

Oh well.

Email box5. They have these issues finals week god help them 

3 hours ago, grenadasmoothie said:

Here live. Thinking Cincy ahead of Sun. We'll see in a minute or two.

Thought that too. Cincy needs to clean

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

Email box5. They have these issues finals week god help them 

They know. Note that Tim already responded in this thread.

I'll be attending championships, but I do hope the video works for those who aren't! DCA needs exposure.

1 hour ago, N.E. Brigand said:

I tried to count the sizes of the different DCA corps at both shows today and this is what I got (corrections welcome):

77 -- Cincinnati Tradition: 35 brass, 21 battery (8/4/5/4), 13 pit, 13 guard

CT - 36 brass: all brass holes are filled. 40 brass - three tubas, and a trumpet couldn’t make the trip. There were four guard that didn’t make the trip too.

Incredible experience for the CT organization in their first ever DCA Open Class competition. The Peckville audience was very genuine with their applause, the judges critique was excellent as well as the show venue, and a wonderfully organized and well run Regional show event. We’re on our way to White Lake MI. 

Tomorrow is another day for the organization to get better. 

Thanks to DCA and all the participating corps who made this show a success. 

Edited by Jim Schehr
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

My understanding too. 2006 was first year DCA was on web and could watch for a few days later. Also had as package where you could watch some corps shows on demand. Then licensing confusion got cleared up and end of non live shows. And that dvr function ended minute live feed was done. Don't see how they can show a recording either.

In terms of live streaming. We are under the belief based on our understanding of the licenses that we have with ASCAP, BMI and SESAC that we can "LIVE STREAM" any event and music as long as we do our reporting. 

We WILL NOT be offering this as a VOD, where you click on a performance and it plays (which btw is how Netflix operates, very different in terms of streaming). 

We will email all of those who purchased and let them know specifics. 

We believe and so does our counsel, that as long as the show works exactly like a live stream and isn't user initiated it is a live stream. Plus, we want to make sure everyone is able to view the complete shows during the issues. 

The reason why in DCA couldn't leave the stream up as they did in the past is because it was a DVR situation. You were able to rewind and recall specific performances. This will not be the same. 

I hope that helps clear up what we believe is correct. 

• Thanks 2

Pretty much the situation as I thought it was so thanks for the verification. Anymore in these sue happy days I’m happy to be able to see any drum corps. Already signed up for Prelims and my schedule will determine if I will buy Finals