Peckville Order Or Times?

6 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

They know. Note that Tim already responded in this thread.

I'll be attending championships, but I do hope the video works for those who aren't! DCA needs exposure.

The championship show will be great. 

Just a little background of what some of you were experiencing with our system.

#1 - Anytime you got a countdown on our website, that meant, for some reason you initiated our brute force filters. Those are in place to prevent hacking the system. I am going to look at those and see if I can raise the tolerances. I will post specific procedures on what to do during issues, later this summer. 

#2 - If you ever got, you are already logged in errors. That is a security measure to only allow one login per account.  This more than likely happens when your browser closed (without logging out) and you tried to relogin and the system hadn't cleared it's cache (happens every minute).  I cannot adjust that, that's server side and really not something we are smart enough to do. 

#3 - The 23000 errors you were experiencing seems to be drops in data.  Last night we were flirting with the idea of making it free for everyone prior to the show. The stadium was not wired for internet. We were streaming with cellular bonding. Our equipment was not even close to maxed out. During those outages we were seeing spikes at the cell tower and it seems that throttling was happening, this was causing dips in the data stream. Once we reset our equipment we got a new "tunnel" and we we're good the rest of the night. 

Why would we experiement?  The goal is to be able to offer more DCA shows in the future and we want to figure out streaming for every DCA show regardless of where it is. We are committed to growing DCA and growing the streaming options. 

In terms of our equipment, at championships we will have redundant backup systems for the stream. In Peckville, that was a smaller crew, no dedicated support personnel, I responded to ALOT of your complaints personally last night. 

Our streaming server hold 32 CPU. 4 NVIDIA grid GPUs. Each GPU is capable of accepting (4) 1080p or (8) 720p streams.  When processing those streams, each GPU can deliver up to (8) different versions of that stream. All of this is part of the Amazon AWS.

We also use the Amazon cloudfront system to distribute the stream to the end user. This allows us to scale our stream from 1 person to 500,000 in the blink of an eye. 

We have great cloud computing, exceeding most large streaming companie anywhere in the world.

I'm here for you, we want this to be a fantastic experience. We found some quirks we can adjust in our system for sure. We were very pleased with our actual product (not streaming) and believe that we have everything in place to make championships one of the best weekends of drum corps on the web. 

I can't tell you everything we are planning right now, but keep in mind that we (75% successfully) were able to stream via cellular bonding, that opens up lots of roaming (lot) opportunities for us at championships. 

I just ask that we all try to help each other make it great, we are regular people that love drum corps and want better for the community than other companies provide. 

Tim

Edited by BrassSoundsMatter
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Pretty much the situation as I thought it was so thanks for the verification. Anymore in these sue happy days I’m happy to be able to see any drum corps. Already signed up for Prelims and my schedule will determine if I will buy Finals

That's great to hear. 

When we come up with a time for re-streaming Peckville, we will let you know. 

• Thanks 1

Tim, I'm sure you are doing your very best. I will be purchasing the DCA Championship broadcast, but did not purchase last night as I watched DCI on Flo. By the way, Flo had its own technical issues from Atlanta relaying the mic-ed soloists to the tv audience.  Electronics and live broadcasting can certainly be a challenge!

I wish you all the best and encourage DCA fans to support this venture. We need it!

• Like 1

And with the #2 problem of not being able to log in because the browser was killed. Hit that problem too but figured the reason as that is a security feature the apps I work on are supposed to use. At least it cleared itself without having to call support to get something reset...

10 hours ago, Jim Schehr said:

CT - 36 brass: all brass holes are filled. 40 brass - three tubas, and a trumpet couldn’t make the trip. There were four guard that didn’t make the trip too.

Incredible experience for the CT organization in their first ever DCA Open Class competition. The Peckville audience was very genuine with their applause, the judges critique was excellent as well as the show venue, and a wonderfully organized and well run Regional show event. We’re on our way to White Lake MI. 

Tomorrow is another day for the organization to get better. 

Thanks to DCA and all the participating corps who made this show a success. 

Great to see you and the corps

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Fred Windish said:

Tim, I'm sure you are doing your very best. I will be purchasing the DCA Championship broadcast, but did not purchase last night as I watched DCI on Flo. By the way, Flo had its own technical issues from Atlanta relaying the mic-ed soloists to the tv audience.  Electronics and live broadcasting can certainly be a challenge!

I wish you all the best and encourage DCA fans to support this venture. We need it!

Flo seems to have issues small or not until Tom Blair comes in

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone else watching the restream?

• Like 1

Shucks. Didn't know there was a rebroadcast on Friday. Just checked my email and found the notification went to my spam folder. Oh well.

Got the email and then got busy and totally forgot. Sounds like better go this time so here's hoping in two weeks. And I'd better order Finals (already paid for Prelims). Anyone who wants to me Sunday night can see me at my house DANG it.

Edited by JimF-LowBari