Allentown Housing Urgent!

Hello Everyone.  My name is Mike Ryan and I am on the Admin Staff of the Vanguard and I also assist DCI with the task of securing housing sites for DCI East (Allentown)  We are in DESPERATE need of a 2 day housing site for GENESIS, OREGON CRUSADERS, and THE CADETS.

Arrival would be early AM on Friday August 3 and depart late afternoon on Saturday August 4.  Each corps carries insurance and will add the host school district as an additional insured and DCI will pay a stipend to the host school district.

If you know anyone who would be interested in helping us out or need more information they may contact me by email at:

mryan@scvanguard.org or call me at 570-294-1638.

Please get the word out and thank you all for your help and your support of Drum Corps!

Please bump this post so it stays visible.  Many thanks!

Edited by M Ryan
add info
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, M Ryan said:

Hello Everyone.  My name is Mike Ryan and I am on the Admin Staff of the Vanguard and I also assist DCI with the task of securing housing sites for DCI East (Allentown)  We are in DESPERATE need of a 2 day housing site for GENESIS, OREGON CRUSADERS, and THE CADETS.

Arrival would be early AM on Friday August 3 and depart late afternoon on Saturday August 4.  Each corps carries insurance and will add the host school district as an additional insured and DCI will pay a stipend to the host school district.

If you know anyone who would be interested in helping us out or need more information they may contact me by email at:

mryan@scvanguard.org or call me at 570-294-1638.

Please get the word out and thank you all for your help and your support of Drum Corps!

bump

floods and heavy rains in Pa and made some towns turn schools into emergency housing sites for flood victims. Pass the word.

• Sad 1

35 minutes ago, xandandl said:

bump

floods and heavy rains in Pa and made some towns turn schools into emergency housing sites for flood victims. Pass the word.

CBS national news gave their flooding report from Hershey which is only a good hour drive away. Worst part is that it's a lot of flash flooding.

Just now, JimF-LowBari said:

CBS national news gave their flooding report from Hershey which is only a good hour drive away. Worst part is that it's a lot of flash flooding.

c'mon Jim. Use those Mid-PA and DoD connections you have. Barracks are ok as long as the showers are clean and warm.

• Haha 1

Group I’m in is supposed to picnic at Knoebels this weekend oops. And sis lives near Hershey and sink holey Palmyra

Wonder how hard it is to get housing at Indiantown Gap as they have hosted corps camps in the past xandandl. Only warehouses where I work 

Edited by JimF-LowBari

31 minutes ago, xandandl said:

c'mon Jim. Use those Mid-PA and DoD connections you have. Barracks are ok as long as the showers are clean and warm.

uh yeah. about that....not so much. Trying to go to a reception at the War College in Carlisle gets your car stopped and searched inside and with detectors. 

27 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Knoebels and Hersheypark are both closed due to flooding.  If this rain doesn’t let up soon, they’re going to need an ark for housing. 

and 2 of the roads that lead from I81 to HersheyPark are closed due to flooding. Schuylkill County, where some corps stay liek Troop and SCV in the past got hammered too. City of Harrisburg even closed City Island tomorrow due to expected flooding...huge parking lot for city workers as well as the a AA baseball team and it's stadium.

That said, hey Mike! Long time! I did send the info out to the TOB Groups locally, both indoor and outdoor members!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Group I’m in is supposed to picnic at Knoebels this weekend oops. And sis lives near Hershey and sink holey Palmyra

Wonder how hard it is to get housing at Indiantown Gap as they have hosted corps camps in the past xandandl.

last time was when Bluecoats did some spring training stuff there in either 2002 or 2003. Nowdays...i doubt it