Allentown Housing Urgent!

9 hours ago, .dave. said:

Any updates? :ohmy:

Have to follow up with 4 schools on Monday, 2 of them are in the New Jersey area.  Bad time of year since most administrators are on vacation, etc.  and schools will not give out band director contact information,.  School voicemail and email are our only means of leaving messages and many band directors do not check them regularly since school is not in session.  

Thank you everyone for your help! 

27 minutes ago, M Ryan said:

Bad time of year since most administrators are on vacation, etc.  and schools will not give out band director contact information,.  School voicemail and email are our only means of leaving messages and many band directors do not check them regularly since school is not in session.   

This seems like a problem that needs to be addressed for future years.   If "Murphy" makes an appearance, plan B has to be implemented or at least have the ability to reach the decision makers.

23 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

You mean Emmaus? Ruined years ago by a top corps 

I hope that top corps that ruined a housing site is one of the ones that gets left in the lurch. Not fair that other corps Might get left out of this show due to someone else’s bad behavior.

Which corps was it by the way? Why not name the guilty party?

Has Muhlenberg College at 2400 Chew Street been asked?  They are walking distance to the event.

5 hours ago, WaxDCIFan said:

I hope that top corps that ruined a housing site is one of the ones that gets left in the lurch. Not fair that other corps Might get left out of this show due to someone else’s bad behavior.

Which corps was it by the way? Why not name the guilty party?

There are many schools in that region that refuse to house drum corps for this very reason. And some of the incidents go back a long way. That's all it took was just one time and from then on, they said, "Never again." Hopefully, a lesson learned for those corps who did the damage and all corps in general. 

My high school has hosted drum corps in the past.  I had to cringe on one occasion when a staff member walked around campus without a shirt and had nipple rings.  He was also smoking.  

2 hours ago, DeanInChicago said:

Has Muhlenberg College at 2400 Chew Street been asked?  They are walking distance to the event.

We reached out to a few colleges.  Because of the "Sandusky scandal"  many of them require background checks for members, volunteers, and staff over the age of 18.  One of them told me that because of the contract with dining services, no outside food vendors permitted on campus (which includes the corps food truck).  Also no sleeping in the gymnasium, dorms only.