Allentown Housing Urgent!

23 minutes ago, WaxDCIFan said:

Well, as I stated before big bummer that OC and Genesis are in the lurch while the corps that poisoned this environment is taken care of.  #toobigtofail

#glasshouses 

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

Is The Perkiomen School available? I know the Bluecoats rehearsed there before the Chester show in 2016.

21 minutes ago, M Ryan said:

Upper Perkiomen was a no when first contacted in the spring.

Upper Perkiomen I'm sure was a no (as an alumnus, their administration is horrid and their AD refuses anything but football to hold practices on the main field), but there is a separate, private school in the same town. That was where the Bluecoats rehearsed in 2016, and I believe another WC may have last year as well. 

https://www.perkiomen.org/

2 hours ago, WaxDCIFan said:

Grow up?  Really?  There are 300 performers out there from OC and Genesis who don’t have a place to lay their head the night before the show, and two of them are mine.  And it’s a huge challenge for the staff who are responsible for keep these young folks safe in the road to have a hole in the schedule this close to the event.

Just sad that housing is so difficult for this big regional show, even worse this year for so many reasons.  I hope OC and Genesis don’t end up in a subpar housing situation because of the bad behavior of others.

this regional has been a challenge for a while for the actions of several corps over the course of decades. the other issue is more and more schools do not want overnight guests or outside groups on their property. You should see the hoops some have to jump thru to host a band competition

• Like 2

On 7/25/2018 at 5:15 PM, M Ryan said:

Hello Everyone.  My name is Mike Ryan and I am on the Admin Staff of the Vanguard and I also assist DCI with the task of securing housing sites for DCI East (Allentown)  We are in DESPERATE need of a 2 day housing site for GENESIS, OREGON CRUSADERS, and THE CADETS.

Arrival would be early AM on Friday August 3 and depart late afternoon on Saturday August 4.  Each corps carries insurance and will add the host school district as an additional insured and DCI will pay a stipend to the host school district.

If you know anyone who would be interested in helping us out or need more information they may contact me by email at:

mryan@scvanguard.org or call me at 570-294-1638.

Please get the word out and thank you all for your help and your support of Drum Corps!

Please bump this post so it stays visible.  Many thanks!

Bump as this needs front page.

On 7/25/2018 at 5:15 PM, M Ryan said:

Hello Everyone.  My name is Mike Ryan and I am on the Admin Staff of the Vanguard and I also assist DCI with the task of securing housing sites for DCI East (Allentown)  We are in DESPERATE need of a 2 day housing site for GENESIS, OREGON CRUSADERS, and THE CADETS.

Arrival would be early AM on Friday August 3 and depart late afternoon on Saturday August 4.  Each corps carries insurance and will add the host school district as an additional insured and DCI will pay a stipend to the host school district.

If you know anyone who would be interested in helping us out or need more information they may contact me by email at:

mryan@scvanguard.org or call me at 570-294-1638.

Please get the word out and thank you all for your help and your support of Drum Corps!

Please bump this post so it stays visible.  Many thanks!

bump