Allentown Housing Urgent!

Has the rain / flooding caused the lack of availability of schools for corps to stay?  Is there a national guard base in the area?  If housing appears to be such a problem is it possible that this event will either be cancelled or moved in the near future?  If moved, where would be an alternate location?  

I was wondering if the local news media in the Allentown area could be used to help with the housing situation.  

There are a number of reasons that school districts do not want to house a corps but I don't want to list them for fear of ticking someone off.  I will say that DCI and I contacted a number of school districts multiple times in March and did not receive a reply.  Also, the DCI Housing Co-ordinator spent 2 days in the Allentown area personally visiting schools but he was lucky to even get in the front door, let alone talk to an administrator or band director.

6 minutes ago, M Ryan said:

Also, the DCI Housing Co-ordinator spent 2 days in the Allentown area personally visiting schools but he was lucky to even get in the front door, let alone talk to an administrator or band director.

Is "thanks a lot GH" a valid comment at this time?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dcikon2 said:

Has the rain / flooding caused the lack of availability of schools for corps to stay?  Is there a national guard base in the area?  If housing appears to be such a problem is it possible that this event will either be cancelled or moved in the near future?  If moved, where would be an alternate location?  

I was wondering if the local news media in the Allentown area could be used to help with the housing situation.  

there is an old base by the allentown airport that is currently not being used

Edited by awunderlich

Just now, Ghost said:

Does the government (taxpayers) still own it?

its empty and it has a for sale sign on it

I remember when i was at FT. Devens we would get CYE drum and bugle corps from Canada staying at our base when they were in the new England area. The director was National guard officer and pulled some strings.

Edited by awunderlich

5 minutes ago, awunderlich said:

its empty and it has a for sale sign on it

just google mapped it I thought it had more land than it does. they still need field space :sneaky: