Allentown Housing Urgent!

5 hours ago, M Ryan said:

Not yet. Still looking for Genesis and Oregon Crusaders.  The promising conversations we had yesterday fell through today.  We are still looking!  

Cadets have secured housing.

Is there a scenario in play that Genesis and Oregon Crusaders buddy up with  a corps that is performing on the opposite night?  

Such as Genesis stay with Blue Devils, and Oregon Crusaders stay with Santa Clara?  Of course, there are other combinations too - or are the logistics too daunting?

2 hours ago, luv4corps said:

Why did this predicament happen in the first place?  Did the original housing fall through? 

Yes the original housing fell through. Something happened between the housing contact and the school district.  When the school district was contacted last week to finalize details, they did not have a clue what was going on.

Edited by M Ryan

There are several schools in the Exton area that have housed corps in the past.  A little over an hour from JB.  Downingtown West, Downingtown East, Bishop Shanahan,

And there is The School at Church Farm,  Exton PA,  a private high school that has a large activity building/gym/showers.  Even though a boys school they have coed activities there. They have several practice fields.  One mile from interstate.   They have their old gym available for staff and volunteer sleeping and separate area for drivers.   I always thought that this would be a perfect place for a corps to stay.  I lived in area for ten years.  Expect to pay.

Edited by dcifanforlife
more info

21 minutes ago, dcifanforlife said:

There are several schools in the Exton area that have housed corps in the past.  A little over an hour from JB.  Downingtown West, Downingtown East, Bishop Shanahan,

And there is The School at Church Farm,  Exton PA,  a private high school that has a large activity building/gym/showers.  Even though a boys school they have coed activities there. They have several practice fields.  One mile from interstate.   They have their old gym available for staff and volunteer sleeping and separate area for drivers.   I always thought that this would be a perfect place for a corps to stay.  I lived in area for ten years.  Expect to pay.

Malverne Prep (boys school run by the Villanova Augustinians who know the activity from their sister-school Providence High Band in Illinois) may also be a possibility. 

8 hours ago, dcikon2 said:

I would be skeptical of using Allentown again for a contest if enough adequate housing can't be found for all of the corps.

well, that little issue in April caused some issues. should hopefully be easier next year based on 4 conversations I had trying to help

Good Morning Everyone!  As of Wednesday Aug 1 we still do not have housing but we are continuing to work on this problem.  I am leaving now to finish tour with the Vanguard but if you have any other ideas or contacts, please do not hesitate to contact me.  We have followed up with every suggestion we have received, as well as making our own contacts so we are not leaving any stone unturned.

If you are attending any shows, stop by the Vanguard and ask for me so I can thank you personally!

Mike

1 hour ago, M Ryan said:

Good Morning Everyone!  As of Wednesday Aug 1 we still do not have housing but we are continuing to work on this problem.  I am leaving now to finish tour with the Vanguard but if you have any other ideas or contacts, please do not hesitate to contact me.  We have followed up with every suggestion we have received, as well as making our own contacts so we are not leaving any stone unturned.

If you are attending any shows, stop by the Vanguard and ask for me so I can thank you personally!

Mike

So Mike if this remains unsolved what happens to OC and Genesis this weekend?  Are they just dropped from the competition schedule?

34 minutes ago, M Ryan said:

Hotel housing

That might be tough to do this late and each corps might be spread between several motels.  Thanks again MR for your efforts to assist the corps.

Edited by Ghost

It used to b so much easier. Little towns like Marion OH and Butler PA would house over 100 drum corps within 40 miles of the contest. It's a shame that some of these schools/ churches can't help. Best of luck to you but time is running out.