Allentown Housing Urgent!

26 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I know I’m in the wrong section but is Peckville flooded, too?   Because Jim is going out there Friday. 

No idea for weekend but Lakawanna County is under the flash flood alert tonight too. And see Peckville is near Lackawanna River but having problems getting river levels

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

I remember Geneseo knights staying at Schuykill haven in 1984.  Corps been staying there for a long time.

Cavaliers use to stay at Slippery Rock State when Bruno was director there and color guard instructor at the college. It's a bit of a ways for folks trying to commute from practice and motel rooms near ABE.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, M Ryan said:

Hello Everyone.  My name is Mike Ryan and I am on the Admin Staff of the Vanguard and I also assist DCI with the task of securing housing sites for DCI East (Allentown)  We are in DESPERATE need of a 2 day housing site for GENESIS, OREGON CRUSADERS, and THE CADETS.

Arrival would be early AM on Friday August 3 and depart late afternoon on Saturday August 4.  Each corps carries insurance and will add the host school district as an additional insured and DCI will pay a stipend to the host school district.

If you know anyone who would be interested in helping us out or need more information they may contact me by email at:

mryan@scvanguard.org or call me at 570-294-1638.

Please get the word out and thank you all for your help and your support of Drum Corps!

Please bump this post so it stays visible.  Many thanks!

still needed. bumps.

2 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

I know I’m in the wrong section but is Peckville flooded, too?   Because Jim is going out there Friday. 

Up there should be fine. It’s more the center of the state 

• Like 1

Let's hope this isn't another 2011. We were with The Academy on tour that year and we didn't know where we were staying until the morning we left Rome for Allentown - and that was after Rome let us stay an extra day. That was the year a school district pulled out of a contract about this same time. I think they lost housing for something like 9 corps.