Allentown Housing Urgent!

Is someone already at Trexler? Is there a school that's already hosting a corps, that can provide sleeping accommodations to a second group? And could the second group rehearse at J Birney Crum? All 3 groups are on early enough that it shouldn't affect anyone's schedule too much. 

Just trying to think "outside the box".

6 hours ago, Barneveld said:

Is someone already at Trexler? Is there a school that's already hosting a corps, that can provide sleeping accommodations to a second group? And could the second group rehearse at J Birney Crum? All 3 groups are on early enough that it shouldn't affect anyone's schedule too much. 

Just trying to think "outside the box".

J Birney will not allow anyone to rehearse in the stadium.

On 7/28/2018 at 8:32 AM, WaxDCIFan said:

I hope that top corps that ruined a housing site is one of the ones that gets left in the lurch. Not fair that other corps Might get left out of this show due to someone else’s bad behavior.

Which corps was it by the way? Why not name the guilty party?

I haven’t names them because of the attacking messages I got the last time I did years ago

• Sad 1

On 7/28/2018 at 2:07 PM, seen-it-all said:

There are many schools in that region that refuse to house drum corps for this very reason. And some of the incidents go back a long way. That's all it took was just one time and from then on, they said, "Never again." Hopefully, a lesson learned for those corps who did the damage and all corps in general. 

This.

and as word of the April explosion has gotten around to school administrators, there’s hesitance to trust drum corps period right now. 

• Thanks 1

Maybe it’s time to sunset this regional and look for another venue that is willing to work with the activity?

Are Genesis, OC and Cadets still without housing?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

This.

and as word of the April explosion has gotten around to school administrators, there’s hesitance to trust drum corps period right now. 

Man that is what is known as a no ####ter....

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, WaxDCIFan said:

Maybe it’s time to sunset this regional and look for another venue that is willing to work with the activity?

Are Genesis, OC and Cadets still without housing?

Cadets have secured housing at Quackertown Area HS - I'm not certain about the other two...

• Like 2

On 7/25/2018 at 5:15 PM, M Ryan said:

Hello Everyone.  My name is Mike Ryan and I am on the Admin Staff of the Vanguard and I also assist DCI with the task of securing housing sites for DCI East (Allentown)  We are in DESPERATE need of a 2 day housing site for GENESIS, OREGON CRUSADERS, and THE CADETS.

Arrival would be early AM on Friday August 3 and depart late afternoon on Saturday August 4.  Each corps carries insurance and will add the host school district as an additional insured and DCI will pay a stipend to the host school district.

If you know anyone who would be interested in helping us out or need more information they may contact me by email at:

mryan@scvanguard.org or call me at 570-294-1638.

Please get the word out and thank you all for your help and your support of Drum Corps!

Please bump this post so it stays visible.  Many thanks!

Bump

1 hour ago, George Dixon said:

Cadets have secured housing at Quackertown Area HS - I'm not certain about the other two...

Which again seems abit unfair since bad press from Cadets seems to be a big contributor to loss of housing sites.  Looks like some lower tier corps will pay the price and might miss the show.