Reviews?

Just wondering why no one actually posts reviews any more?  There are several people out there who had posted great reviews in the past.  Now, there are like 4 reviews this whole season!  I know people post comments on show threads, but, there is a reason why there is a reviews section on this site.  Come on people!  I will not see anything until Finals week!  I need more impressions from those attending shows. 

Edited by Tony L.

Hey Tony!

I am in the same boat. Might get tickets to the Massillon show but have tickets for Semifinals. I wouldn't consider myself a great reviewer...but I wrote on both last year.

Lucky enough to live between Pittsburgh and Cleveland so we get some of the first shows and some of the last shows... but I never make it out early season.

• Like 1

It is tough now.  I live in New Orleans now and unfortunately had to travel for work on the one week that I could have gone to Lafayette.  I am from the Midwest!  I used to see like 4 or 5 shows a year before finals week.  Now, nothing!

In the past we've had the excellent and extensive reviews by @DrumManTx - but he's a little busy this summer. :)

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Yes, he is one of the best.  and there are several others.  I would just ask that if you are at a show and want to share your comments, please post in the review section even if you post the same content in the show threads.  So hard to scroll through the whole discussion to find the hidden reviews.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, ThePlanets said:

Hey Tony!

I am in the same boat. Might get tickets to the Massillon show but have tickets for Semifinals. I wouldn't consider myself a great reviewer...but I wrote on both last year.

Lucky enough to live between Pittsburgh and Cleveland so we get some of the first shows and some of the last shows... but I never make it out early season.

What's this MIGHT get tickets to the Massillon show???  Have you seen who's gonna be there!!!

I'd sure get them now.  If you wait till the day off you will probably find yourself sitting in a end zone or on the back side.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, oldbandguy said:

What's this MIGHT get tickets to the Massillon show???  Have you seen who's gonna be there!!!

I'd sure get them now.  If you wait till the day off you will probably find yourself sitting in a end zone or on the back side.

Haha yes! We usually go but it's a matter of lining up a sitter for my 2 yr old. Plus scattered thunderstorms.

Edited by ThePlanets

There's a Reviews section?

I'm a freelance writer, mostly for marketing/PR projects, but I'd love to get a 'writing about drum corps' gig someday, even if it were just volunteer stuff and reviews. What are people looking for? Individual corps' shows, or entire shows (ie. do you want a review of Session 44, Session 44 as it was performed at San Antonio, or the San Antonio show as a whole)? Problem is I go to one show per year at most, always in California, but if video reviews are allowed I'd totally jumping in!