Birmingham, AL - July 26, 2018

1 minute ago, DCIDADDIO said:

Yes, a lot of buzz regarding the Mandies and it is entertaining! Congrats to their CG!  The little tweaks are adding up for them and they appear to be on a mission. 

The staff is really getting the corps ready. Scores are tight and high. I remember the old days if you hit 80, you had a great chance of making finals. Now it looks like it'll be the upper 80s.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tim_brandt said:

Indeed. I can only imagine the difference in morale, as well. Momentum is on their side.

Must be hype to be trying to knock of one of the 'big boy' corps. Hard not to root for them. Exciting season!

Beating Phantom would be huge for Mandarins to accomplish and a boost for them. No doubt that they'll have extra motivation to keep improving. Can't wait to see the changes on Saturday.

• Like 2

What's a little bit sad is even though PC has almost equaled their final score from last year (78.00) still 2 weeks from Prelims, they are still solidly in (virtual) 18th place.  Shows the intense competition this year all up and down the rankings.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, barigirl78 said:

Ahhh, remember those "good old days" of late June when people were constantly Periscoping and tweeting from the shows.  Things always seems to cool off at this time of year.

I used to search and post but it went without comments and seemed like a waste of time. Now i just watch food network and wait. 

13 minutes ago, Mega said:

Beating Phantom would be huge for Mandarins to accomplish and a boost for them. 

Blue Stars as well.  Its great competition taking place now it looks like between Blue Stars, Phantom, and Mandarins, with perhaps Blue Knights now moving up to the tier with Cadets at the moment. But still lots of movement could take place up and down the rankings from here on out.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Cfmninjaa said:

I think that would be cool

Cool is correct froze our buts off in Montreal finals night, great place and McGill was a hoot for prelims. Served La Batt's on tap top of the 50 yard line, thank god for the subway to get us back to hotel. Ivor Winn Stadium in Toronto for Canadian Nationals or dci North many shows there and just a short cab ride from hotels. One year at Canadian Nationals we were all worked up that Fleetwood planned on recording, never showed up missed a great show. 

48 minutes ago, DCIDADDIO said:

Yes, a lot of buzz regarding the Mandies and it is entertaining! Congrats to their CG!  The little tweaks are adding up for them and they appear to be on a mission. 

When i spoke with a few mm at Stanford i told them i was pulling for them to make finals.  Their reply was, "We will.  It's our year". 

• Like 2