Birmingham, AL - July 26, 2018

4 hours ago, DrumScorps said:

F. Page Seibert Stadium

800 Lakeshore Dr
Birmingham, AL 35229

The stadium is on the campus of Samford University, a very nice campus. I think it's the first time for an event at this venue. If I remember correctly, there's only one way into and out of the campus, through the gates off of Lakeshore drive, so try to get there early to avoid the parking rush.

1 hour ago, Precious Roy said:

The stadium is on the campus of Samford University, a very nice campus. I think it's the first time for an event at this venue. If I remember correctly, there's only one way into and out of the campus, through the gates off of Lakeshore drive, so try to get there early to avoid the parking rush.

It was there last year. I remember it being very humid. Even better lineup this time though. Parking is the toughest part of this event. Get there early to get close-ish to the stadium.

1 hour ago, trwiggin said:

Blue Knights are apparently in Tuscaloosa.

Wonder where. Our practice field at UA has a very nice tower. Tuscaloosa isn't too far. Less than an hour away from the show site.

Edited by kinetic inferno11

4 hours ago, afd said:

Excited to see how the Mandarins score against Phantom. If they do place above PR...that would be huge. Beating a past DCI  World champion is big for a corp like Mandarins. 

Didn't they already beat Madison?

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Precious Roy said:

That's a bit of a haul to the show venue, especially at that time of day. Hope they allow for traffic.

Their schedule looks like they allowed 2 hours for travel, which they may need. Samford is a tricky spot to get to because of all the traffic on 65 there.

Driving by Samford reminded me I don't miss that stretch of traffic from when I worked there.