Memorial Field
West Center Street
Johnsonburg, PA 

my predictions........ 

1. legends

2. spartans

3. 7th Regiment

4. Raiders

next prediction..... can anyone say "slotted" for the rest of the open class season....

31 minutes ago, MR T3 said:

my predictions........ 

1. legends

2. spartans

3. 7th Regiment

4. Raiders

next prediction..... can anyone say "slotted" for the rest of the open class season....

I wouldn't slot the top two just yet. Too close.

posted from the DrumScorps app

They got the show in before the storms rolled through (radar indicates rain is about a half-hour away) and: Wow! Look at these scores:

1.  69.40 Spartans

2.  69.30 Legends

3.  63.10 7th Regiment

4.  57.00 Raiders

Tight, tight, tight in the top two.

Five judges. Spartans and Legends split G.E. Spartans took Vis. Analysis and Percussion. Legends took Mus. Analysis.

What also catches my eye is that Raiders improved by 5.3 pts. in four days.

Remember what I said last weekend? It seems like every year, Raiders has one or two early shows around the fourth of July with decent early scores for a small Open Class corps. Then they don't perform for two weeks, and their first score after that gap shows very little improvement, but soon they see a big jump. Weird.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Tight, tight, tight in the top two.

The bronze looks really contentious this year. Gold is just a tenth above Spartans and Legends.

8 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

What also catches my eye is that Raiders improved by 5.3 pts. in four days.

Remember what I said last weekend? It seems like every year, Raiders has one or two early shows around the fourth of July with decent early scores for a small Open Class corps. Then they don't perform for two weeks, and their first score after that gap shows very little improvement, but soon they see a big jump. Weird.

Yeah I remember they had a 10 pt. jump last year after that one week.

I believe Raiders has one more jump in them before Michigan City.
Hard to judge a show with only 5 judges. I'd like to see what scores could actually be with full panel judges. Probably will not happen until Michigan City, possibly Avon Lake.
On another note - this tour is very unbalanced. The other half of the Open Class Tour has an average of 6-8 corps in a show and the first 4 shows in this half is just Raiders - 7th - Legends - Spartans. 2 corps - an intermission - 2 corps - done. Sponsors barely have a chance to sell anything.
Bad job of scheduling by DCI.

1 hour ago, OldBones said:

I believe Raiders has one more jump in them before Michigan City.
Hard to judge a show with only 5 judges. I'd like to see what scores could actually be with full panel judges. Probably will not happen until Michigan City, possibly Avon Lake.
On another note - this tour is very unbalanced. The other half of the Open Class Tour has an average of 6-8 corps in a show and the first 4 shows in this half is just Raiders - 7th - Legends - Spartans. 2 corps - an intermission - 2 corps - done. Sponsors barely have a chance to sell anything.
Bad job of scheduling by DCI.

To be fair, I believe that both Les Stentors and Impulse were originally scheduled to be on this part of the tour with these 4 corps.  Stentors went inactive & Impulse decided to end their season at the open class Denver show and not go on the national tour

Thank you. I did not realize they were suppose to be on this leg of the tour. I know Les Stentor announced to DCI they were going inactive long before going public. When did Impulse decide not to go past Denver?

50 minutes ago, OldBones said:

When did Impulse decide not to go past Denver?

Pretty late, apparently, since From the Pressbox was still listing them in late June as coming to the MIdwest.

Since they were listed for all these shows, do they get fined for pulling out so late. I know other corps have.

Shame.