Who gets the last spot into BIG, LOUD and LIVE

Top 15 in semi finals get to be shown LIVE in theaters around the country.  The fight for that is as interesting as the fight for top 3.  Take a look at the 15th highest score as of tonight (7/26).....
granted at different shows, different days, but WOW:

Madison Scouts 80.1
Colts                     80.1
Troopers              80.1

Who will make it?  Will 1, 2 or all 3 make it?  Will an Open Class corps (or two) jump into the fight for the theater broadcast?

Thursday at Indy is going to be fun...all night long (cue Lionel)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, oldbandguy said:

Top 15 in semi finals get to be shown LIVE in theaters around the country.  The fight for that is as interesting as the fight for top 3.  Take a look at the 15th highest score as of tonight (7/26).....
granted at different shows, different days, but WOW:

Madison Scouts 80.1
Colts                     80.1
Troopers              80.1

Who will make it?  Will 1, 2 or all 3 make it?  Will an Open Class corps (or two) jump into the fight for the theater broadcast?

Thursday at Indy is going to be fun...all night long (cue Lionel)

I think we'll have a bit better idea on who by late Saturday evening after the Atlanta Regionals results are in.  Its still too early yet, imo. If nudged to make a choice tonite, I'd go with the Madison Scouts here by " a heartbeat ".

• Like 3

My favorite of those three shows, by far, is Troopers. But who knows. A surprising late surge by Pacific Crest?

(As ShortAndFast notes, Open Class corps won't make the cinemacast regardless of how well they'd scored previously. But even though SCVC seems to be scoring as well at this point in the year as they and/or BDB have in some recent seasons when they indeed ended up at or very near 15th place, these three World Class corps are scoring so much higher this year that SCVC is seven points back, so they're unlikely to challenge regardless.)

• Like 1

Thanks for posting! I was thinking about this myself last night!

Then I was thinking is it more valuable to be seeded 15, get the BLL slot then actually place 16 at semifinals...or be seeded 16, miss BLL but place 15th overall?

All 3 of these groups rarely miss BLL...and I don't see SOA, the Academy, or another corps dropping to let 2 of these corps in... let's see...Troop was a little further back in SA so I will say...

Colts make BLL but Scouts ultimately place 15th

Edited by ThePlanets

6 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

My favorite of those three shows, by far, is Troopers. But who knows. A surprising late surge by Pacific Crest?

I was looking at the DCP Historical score charts for PC -- 2018 vs 2017.  They have already all but matched last year's final score of 78.0 with 2 weeks still to go to Prelims. And the trend line is -- well, amazing.  I'm praying this will be a very good year for PC.

That being said -- it's a very good year for ALL the lower tier Corps. PC would have to best Colts, Madison, and Troopers (as it stands now) to make BLL -- a tall order. I hope the ATL housing issue won't be too much of a distraction.

Interesting season, to say the least. 

• Like 1

I believe that Colts and Scouts have already beaten Troop head to head and Troop still has individual visual stuff that has persisted since May.  So, I'd go with Troop not making the telecast.  The mark in me hated typing that.  I'm gonna go with Scouts because (Putting on my Glenn Beck tin foil conspiracy hat) there are those that need it to be so.  :rolleyes:

I was thinking purely selfishly about which one of the three I would like to see (already have tickets for me and my daughter). I haven't seen Troopers at all so that would be something new. We saw both Colts and Scouts at the live show here in Minneapolis and out of those two, just based on which show I enjoyed more I would rather see Colts again. However, there are a couple of kids that came from my daughter's high school marching with Scouts so it would be fun for her to see them.

Can't they just add a 16th show to the broadcast. :winky:

• Like 1