Is water allowed during the show?

A lot of corps have moments where corps members are behind some sort of prop or stage, essentially out of view. Would a corps benefit from having water available to members mid show at these points? I know a lot of 5Ks give water out at a few checkpoints during the race, so I assume there's some value to it from a fatigue standpoint.

Purely curious how this would play out in drum corps, now that there's occasionally the presence of a backstage.

Yes - it is allowed (when I marched there were a few people who brought very small water bottles to have a short drink during the show - all of them were for medical reasons).

The challenge is that so many of today's shows require MMs to help carry-on/carry-off props.  Water is a NO GO near most of them because it could damage them or create a safety hazard (spilled water on a platform would be slippery!).  

21 minutes ago, Ediker said:

...:offtopic:for some reason, your question makes me think of Madison's soloist.  What does she do behind the prop for the first half of the show, study?

Last minute make up and hair checks.

Edited by Ghost
  • Like 2

water on the field was deemed a potential safety hazard several years ago, along with things like powder.

1 hour ago, Ediker said:

for some reason, your question makes me think of Madison's soloist.  What does she do behind the prop for the first half of the show, study?

Makes Paper Mache Hearts for latter in the season.

• Like 1

Corps members generally have their jugs with them up until maybe 20-ish minutes before they step off, and usually either get back to the jugs, get water from show volunteers, get to Gatorades or similar drinks they keep on the buses, get to the cook truck, or some combination thereof within about 20 minutes of leaving the field. Bringing water on the field would accomplish nothing.

1 minute ago, Bone-Tone Lord said:

Bringing water on the field would accomplish nothing.

Wouldn't have enough time left in order for the liquid to do any good unless you poured a little on your head.