First DCI show in years soon.. thoughts?

Ok had it on until intermission then had to go out to get some things done before Peckville at 7. Did catch most of Spirit when I got back. Will have to see if I can be home for Open Class Finals online as enjoyed. I follow  corps for the brass and perc sound and Open corps dont have that much else getting in the way of me hearing that sound.

You haven’t seen DCI since 2002 and you’re about to see a show in 2018?  Oh I can’t wait for the reaction!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Lol I've heard "that ain't  drum corps" since 1975. And have vids back to 1960 and audio to 1950 so realize it has always been changing. Good advice thou...

Ok figured out the full screen as had to scroll up.....

Cool Sound Sport kinda like Mini corps. And been around Woodbridge...

Jim it looks a lot like DCA now 

19 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Working around the house and setting up laptop and tv for DCA show tonight. In the meantime logged on and waiting for DCI show to start. Started corps 1974 and didn't follow about 1992 to 2002 due to real life. Got back to following DCA but haven't really watched DCI since then. I have followed the changes via DCP but first time to actually see those changes in action. And yes I will try to keep an open mind lol.

Any thoughts????

Drink - Heavily.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, SFZFAN said:

Drink - Heavily.

Nah I switched to DCA partway thru lol

• Like 2

Read the Bible, reread the classics, go to the Met, brush up on your history and color palette and be open to the possibilities...

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, ThirdValvesAreForWimps said:

You haven’t seen DCI since 2002 and you’re about to see a show in 2018?  Oh I can’t wait for the reaction!

But have kept up on things via dcp.... And forgot did see Crossman and Cadets (where are we? show for one) a few times in preseason exhibition in mid 2000s at Gettysburg. Still not an entire evening of corps thou.

Lol memories coming back exhibitions by Jersey Surf (ELVIS) and Lehigh Valley Knights at Reading show. Sad part is LVK parent saying that was loudest response they got that year so far

Edited by JimF-LowBari

On 7/28/2018 at 9:58 AM, JimF-LowBari said:

Working around the house and setting up laptop and tv for DCA show tonight. In the meantime logged on and waiting for DCI show to start. Started corps 1974 and didn't follow about 1992 to 2002 due to real life. Got back to following DCA but haven't really watched DCI since then. I have followed the changes via DCP but first time to actually see those changes in action. And yes I will try to keep an open mind lol.

Any thoughts????

I didn't care much for any DCI shows from about 2001-2010.  

i feel that since around 2012 or so, the level of performance, and the overall show designs have gotten better every year for my personal taste. 

top 12 are all amazing now compared to when i was going to finals regularly in the 90s, and really only enjoyed 5-6 shows per year.

just my thoughts.

Edited by Lance

3 minutes ago, Lance said:

I didn't care much for any DCI shows from about 2001-2010.  

i feel that since around 2012 or so, the level of performance, and the overall show designs have gotten better every year for my personal taste. 

top 12 are all amazing now compared to when i was going to finals regularly in the 90s, and really only enjoyed 5-6 shows per year.

just my thoughts.

I had several issues in that era too