DCI Eastern Classic – Friday, August 3, 2018

6 minutes ago, mfrontz said:

I'm sure they've thought about it. But honestly, rainouts would be a threat anywhere on the East Coast. There are no domes anywhere close to the major cities. Syracuse is way out of the way, and the Carrier Dome is terrible as has been described. Finally, I've paid Meadowlands prices for DCI. Never again.

Its settled we will make Ford Field a regional :laughing:

if only we had warm up spots

6 minutes ago, mfrontz said:

I'm sure they've thought about it. But honestly, rainouts would be a threat anywhere on the East Coast. There are no domes anywhere close to the major cities. Syracuse is way out of the way, and the Carrier Dome is terrible as has been described. Finally, I've paid Meadowlands prices for DCI. Never again.

There’s no domes. This would be an issue anywhere. Hell look st the problems storms have caused in Indy 

19 minutes ago, Tim K said:

A few things regarding Met Life Stadium. 

It must be far less expensive to rent the stadium in Allentown for two nights than Met Life. Allentown is well attended and the crowd is enthusiastic, but the venue is not sold out. The good seats are, but there are plenty of open spots. I don’t think Met Life Stadium  would be filled, certainly not the way San Antonio and Atlanta are.

No and hotel prices would be triple

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MelloNell said:

Does anyone know how many times Allentown has been rained out?

No dci east/eastern classic show was cancelled like tonight

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 27Socal said:

Doesn't seem that hard to do.  A lot going on in the area schools on a Fri. night in early August, in the schools they are already in?  Are the Sat. corps in alternate sites?

You have no clue what’s involved 

• Like 3

If only DCI would actually move west.  Rainouts don’t happen in California in the summer.   

West coast is the best coast.  

Edited by GetOFFmyDot
  • Like 3

In regards finding another dome, many people I know prefer seeing all the all corps at a outdoor setting rather than an indoor facility.  Some go to Allentown instead of Indy. Something about hearing the corps in a more natural setting near the peak of their season.  Allentown has had many many more years without rain than with rain.

Edited by hardcorpscadets
Spelling
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, GetOFFmyDot said:

If only DCI would actually move west.  Rainouts don’t happen in California in the summer.   

West coast is near coast.  

Championships at Levi's Stadium in Santa Clara!

(will never ever happen, but one can dream, right?)

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, hardcorpscadets said:

In regards finding another dome, many people I know prefer seeing all the all corps at a outdoor setting rather than an indoor facility.  Some go to Allentown instead of Indy. Something about hearing the corps in a more natural setting near the peak of their season.  Allentown has had many many more years without rain than with rain.

I know dozens of people who go to Allentown instead of Indy solely for outdoors